Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Tokay Forum

LacrosseKid 87   Camo_pants   LacrosseKid 87   Camo_pants  
 Member  Message

LacrosseKid 87
View Profile

New tokay Concerns

Hello everyone, this is my sixth day of owning my tokay gecko. He looks to be about 2 months old. I have few few concerns I noticed since I purchased him/her. I haven’t seen it eat once. Every day I place about three crickets in the enclosure and I check a few hours later. They are still there. I’ve also noticed that he does not climb at all. He stays at the bottom of the enclosure. I know its a little to early for handling, but I took him out and tried to let him walk up my wall. He doesn’t. He is in a ten gallon for now. Temp is 84 at day and 77 at night. Humidity varies from 75-80 %
any help would be appreciated.

04/20/11  11:58pm

Camo_pants
View Profile

Message To: LacrosseKid 87   In reference to Message Id: 2215314

New tokay Concerns

All I can think of is that he/she maybe about to shed. What is your set up like ? lots of plants and hiding spots ? what are you heating the tank with ?

04/21/11  01:27pm

LacrosseKid 87
View Profile

Message To: Camo_pants   In reference to Message Id: 2215374

New tokay Concerns

My setup is a ten gallon. I already gave the temps. About 4 feet of vines and plenty of brush to hide in. He is currently a darker color so maybe he is about to shed. His tank is being heated with a 75 watt infa red bulb. I am thinking of removing the light and sticking an under tank heater on the side of his tank.

04/21/11  02:41pm

Camo_pants
View Profile

Message To: LacrosseKid 87   In reference to Message Id: 2215396

New tokay Concerns

How close is the light to the tank and what are you using to measure the temps ?
If you get a UTH make sure you have it on a dimmer cause they can get up to 110 degrees and burn their feet. I wouldn’t let it get hotter than 88

04/25/11  02:32pm

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area