Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Tokay Forum

Luvlizards   Luvlizards  
 Member  Message

Luvlizards
View Profile

Tokay rescue

Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Quick update: male tokay is still thriving, eating and being his lovely tokay self ;)

I’ve recently aquired a female tokay in pretty bad shape. Emaciated, sunken eyes, but still pretty feisty so I figured maybe there was a chance for her. i brought her to our local herp vet, who gave her an injection of fluids, and tested her poo for parasites. She tested positive for 2 different types of parasites, and it getting the dewormer that’s administered 3 times in 2 week increments, and she’s also on another med that I administer daily for 14 days.

The vet said that when she comes back in 14 days if there is no change than she would recommend euthanasia. I feel in the last 4 days she’s gotten more active . . . when she gets her med I take advantage of having her out of her quarantine tank and pop a squashed up cricket, roach or superworm in her mouth. She’s swallowing, digesting them and passing them fine, so maybe there’s hope for her?? So far she isn’t hunting on her own tho.

Sorry this is so long, but does anyone have any additional advice for the little lady? I’m already attatched, and i’m making it a mission to try and get her better before her next appointment (the 26th of April).

04/16/10  08:45am

Luvlizards
View Profile

Message To: Luvlizards   In reference to Message Id: 2141026

Tokay rescue

This forum is pretty slow, so I’ll just keep responding to myself until someone else does lol . . . I just wanted to point out that my vet actually called today to see how the female was doing (I took her in on Monday, today is Friday). I really liked that she cared enough to call between office visits to see how the little lizard is. Just had to mention it.

04/16/10  09:39pm

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area