Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Tokay Forum

IguanaRama   Papa Brickhouse   IguanaRama   ScrubLizard   IguanaRama  
 Member  Message

IguanaRama
View Profile

Some changes

Okay! so I made some changes since last time i posted on here I remove the eco earth and got some repti carpet for them I still have a lot of vines and hides in there two on the hot side two on the cool. I also picked up a red heat bulb and a digital thermometer and it says 77.4 and it goes up depending on my moms mood of having the heater on. i feed them crikets every other day because it doesn’t seem like they will eat everyday as i have tried. I still have a UTH on the warm side and I’m dusting the cricks when i do feed them. But they dont seem very interested in the mealworms.. Should i keep trying? or just not bother and keep them on krickets

02/09/10  05:58pm

Papa Brickhouse
View Profile

Message To: IguanaRama   In reference to Message Id: 2121953

Some changes

Hello.. Geckos tend to eat every other day or every 2 days.. Depending on how much they have eaten.. Mine tends to eat every 1 or 2 days... I say leave both, Crix and mealies, so they have a verity in their meal.. ( just dont buy too many mealies)

02/16/10  09:18pm

IguanaRama
View Profile

Message To: Papa Brickhouse   In reference to Message Id: 2124010

Some changes

alrighty i dont feed mealies often anyways

02/17/10  09:27pm

ScrubLizard
View Profile

Message To: IguanaRama   In reference to Message Id: 2121953

Some changes

everything sounds good, but they dont need hides on the floor, or a uth, they should never be on the floor unless they are exploring, if they are that means they are stressed. But if they are healthy and its working do what you want, I never listen to care sheets or other peoples opinions unless my animals get sick or their advice is common sense that I didnt realize, I like to figure it out for myself...... : )

feeding crickets everyother day sounds good, keep trying mealworms if you want, when I first gave mine a mealworm I just bought a single one and he seemed confused but still attacked it, I tried a pinkie too but he likes to chase his food

02/22/10  06:14pm

IguanaRama
View Profile

Message To: ScrubLizard   In reference to Message Id: 2126016

Some changes

lol yeah i have a lot places for them to hide out at but they seem to really like this one hollowed out log i have over the UTH but they’re usually up on the glass too so it’s 50/50 with them i put mealies in there and they’re were the least bit interested but who knows.

02/27/10  12:20am

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area