Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Tokay Forum

IguanaRama   ScrubLizard   IguanaRama   IguanaRama  
 Member  Message

IguanaRama
View Profile

Got two tokays

So me and my Bf went to petco today i was looking for a beardie but they were out it’s too cold for them to be shipped in and my bf was drooling over the tokays and i know he’s wanted one for a long time. lo and behold we got the two left in the tank.One is much larger than the other one and one it slightly brighter than the other. so we’re in a pickle on what sex they are.

also i have them housed in a 40gal tank with a lot of vines and hides and the substrate is eco earth bedding i have two UTHs and im going to be picking up a red heat light shortly. a water dish and krickets and mealies always avail due to my leo.

so! other than the sex confusion i hope my habitat is good too!

02/02/10  01:55am

ScrubLizard
View Profile

Message To: IguanaRama   In reference to Message Id: 2119608

Got two tokays

they need things to climb on, its not a leo, they need things along the top of the enclosure to hide behind, they will hardly ever be on the floor, if they are that means they are stressed, substrate is not good, they are vicious eaters and WILL ingest it, I recommend buying the repticarpet stuff, inexpensive easy to clean andyou only have to buy it once.....and no harm to your geckos

02/02/10  07:46pm

IguanaRama
View Profile

Message To: ScrubLizard   In reference to Message Id: 2119814

Got two tokays

i almost got the repticarpet i was like 2 steps away from it and then i decided not to I should have gone with my gut feeling because i thought well if my leo can be impacted and i use paper towels then i should just get a solid ground as well but I will pick some up. and I wasn’t comparing it to a leo I was saying i have a very good abundance of food due to having a leo. I have 3 hides in there and lots of branches and a crap load of fake vines and plants in there for them to climb on and hide. and i mist them twice a day as i’ve read around on a bunch of different caresheets and sites.

02/02/10  08:45pm

IguanaRama
View Profile

Message To: IguanaRama   In reference to Message Id: 2119844

Got two tokays

and re reading my earlier post it states that i have a lot of vines and hides in the tank....

02/02/10  08:46pm

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area