Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Tokay Forum

Wooks1   Herpsarelife   Wooks1  
 Member  Message

Wooks1
View Profile

Help please!

My tokay heabeen acting strange last 2 days. i bought him about 3 weeks ago at a pet store and everything has been fine till now. for some reason he wont or can’t move his back 2 legs! his front 2 work just fine and he is eating and pooping. his color is normal and he hasn’t been acting unusual other than he isn’t as bitey as he normally is. any help would be great. i do know of a vet that may have knowledge of reptile illnesses but i don’t havce alot of money to spend on a vet visit.

01/19/10  10:36pm

Herpsarelife
View Profile

Message To: Wooks1   In reference to Message Id: 2115358

Help please!

you need to take him to a vet. if you couldn’t afford to pay for a vet visit you shouldn’t have gotten the animal, just because its a gecko doesn’t mean you won’t have to make any visits. sounds like some sort of calcium deficiency or D3 something (i’m not sure, just what may be causing it), but you really need to get him to a vet. paralysis is a serious thing.

01/20/10  10:16am

Wooks1
View Profile

Message To: Herpsarelife   In reference to Message Id: 2115483

Help please!

well took him to the vet and he has MBD and the vet said cause i havn’t had him long enough it started in the pet store. so i am giving him medicine and hand feeding him and giving him some greens to get his Vit. D up and hopefully he will get better.

01/22/10  01:56pm

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area