Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Tokay Forum

Tokay gecko   Camo_pants   Tokay gecko   Camo_pants   Tokay gecko   Papa Brickhouse   Tokay gecko   ScrubLizard   Tokay gecko  
 Member  Message

Tokay gecko
View Profile

Ah ithink my tokay has a tumor help

plzzz help it is a tumor or criket bite it had it fer a month so it hasnt gone down it is sqishy wat do i do

01/13/10  09:03pm

Camo_pants
View Profile

Message To: Tokay gecko   In reference to Message Id: 2113469

take him to the vet !

01/15/10  08:34pm

Tokay gecko
View Profile

Message To: Camo_pants   In reference to Message Id: 2114061

ok ty but its kinda hard to find a vet around were i live that specializeze in reptiles i dont think its a tumor or it is im not sure ill go to my local pet store to c

01/16/10  11:10am

Camo_pants
View Profile

Message To: Tokay gecko   In reference to Message Id: 2114190

i’m pretty sure tumors are hard. You said it’s squishy so it sounds more like an abcess which would most likely be filled with /infection. I’m sorry I don’t know what to do to treat it. My tokay has only had stuck shed.

01/16/10  11:19am

Tokay gecko
View Profile

Message To: Camo_pants   In reference to Message Id: 2114192

ty anyway

01/16/10  02:07pm

Papa Brickhouse
View Profile

Message To: Tokay gecko   In reference to Message Id: 2114241

Hello...

If you see like a yellowish and the skin is covering it... If yes, first choice would to take him to the vet, if that fails you miserably then here are the second choice!

1. put on some rubber plastic gloves surgeon gloves to protect yourself..
2. get some hydrogen peroxide solution and antibiotic ointment, q-tips and a sharp clean axle knife..
3. If possible put him in an isolated tank with a wash cloth or paper towels as his bedding so the oil doesn’t collect all the bedding in the tank.
4. Once the gloves are on, you might have to fight with the gecko to get him in your grip.. Need a firm grip of him so you can tend it wound.. either you handle him or get some help. So once you remove the dead skin that is loose from it body or pop the bubble if it has lumps on it.. then squeeze the out of it, until you see nothing but blood.. Once u see nothing but blood then pour some Hydrogen peroxide in a to a cap and use q-tips to tend his wound.. Please dont use the same q-tip each time you tend the wound, throw it away and replace it with a clean one.. Once the Peroxide is done bubbling then put some antibiotic ointment on a q-tip (just a little) and rub it on his wound. So I say do this for at least 2 to 4 days two times daily and keep a close eye on him.. Make sure he got food... Feed him giant mealies that way he wont have to worry abt the crix trying to feed off of him..

Good luck and keep me posted on your baby..

02/05/10  11:30pm

Tokay gecko
View Profile

Message To: Papa Brickhouse   In reference to Message Id: 2120845

SNIFF SNIFF HE PAST AWAY FRIDAY I DONT NO Y HE DIED BUT I LOOK LIKE SOMTHING POKED HIS EYE IN AND I WAS SO DEVESTATED BUT TY FOR UR GUYS HELP I APPRECIAT IT BBUT I GOT A QUESTION CAN I ADD U GUYS ON HERE OR SOMTHING IF U GUYS HAVE YOUTUBE ILL ADD U GUYS IF I NO YOUR USER NAMES BUT I GOT 2 NEW FIRE BELLY TOADS

02/22/10  09:05pm

ScrubLizard
View Profile

Message To: Tokay gecko   In reference to Message Id: 2126093

sorry your tokay died.....

I have a vid of my tokay yt
zach01313 is my username if you care

02/23/10  06:24pm

Tokay gecko
View Profile

Message To: ScrubLizard   In reference to Message Id: 2126431