Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Tokay Forum

Daniel41708   Prettykttkat   Camo_pants   Sh0e  
 Member  Message

Daniel41708
View Profile

Enclosure help

I’m wanting to set up a tokay enclosure, and I wanted to do so by using a reptarium. I know that tokays need the humidity fairly high, but i’m tired of using glass tanks, my whole room is filled with glass set ups. Would frequent misting make up for the reptarium holes. I would appreciate any opinions you could give me.

-Thanks Daniel

06/15/09  02:01pm

Prettykttkat
View Profile

Message To: Daniel41708   In reference to Message Id: 2022709

Enclosure help

Not sure if this will work but maybe put a bunch of tall live potted plants in there, damp moss on the bottom, get a room humidifier, frequent mistings and get a digital humidity gage so your readings will be accurate. Keep an eye on it and see how it does.

06/17/09  12:30am

Camo_pants
View Profile

Message To: Prettykttkat   In reference to Message Id: 2023693

Enclosure help

You could cover the sides with see through poly, that would help hold humidity. I put a garbage bag on 2 sides of mine but it’s not the nicest look LOL

06/17/09  09:37pm

Sh0e
View Profile

Message To: Camo_pants   In reference to Message Id: 2024260

Enclosure help

Give them a few hanging humid hides and spray them down twice a day. They’re hardy little guys as long as you’re not living in a desert.

A mister on top of the cage with the mist falling down into the cage also helps. Don’t put the mister inside the tank though, can be unsafe for your tokays.

06/17/09  09:53pm

Back to Geckos-Tokay Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area