Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Mourning Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Mourning Forum

Miniak   Miniak   Sobedrummer007   Sweetlilkate   KsuHerpGuy   Geckogirlemi   KsuHerpGuy   Geckogirlemi  
 Member  Message

Miniak
View Profile

How hard are they to keep

please tell me i want to get one, what tank SETUP food, heat, light other gekos what size are they ( in inches) and hw much are they

06/08/05  01:25am

Miniak
View Profile

Message To: Miniak   In reference to Message Id: 365497

are they niceand are they holdable?
Thanx
!4 year old rertile FREAK
Nirvana Rocks

06/08/05  01:30am

Sobedrummer007
View Profile

Message To: Miniak   In reference to Message Id: 365507

You are four years old? Then you shouldn’t get a mourning gecko. You should get a leopard gecko or a crested gecko.

06/08/05  10:07am

Sweetlilkate
View Profile

Message To: Sobedrummer007   In reference to Message Id: 365675

How do you hold them when i tride to hold mine she all moste got away i opend up the cage and tride to pick her up and she ran like 20MP up the cage and i got her be for she went under my bed.
how you have to tame them becouse my traneing is not working?

01/01/06  12:05am

KsuHerpGuy
View Profile

Message To: Sweetlilkate   In reference to Message Id: 589155

So I’m just browsing various forums, but here’s my take: They’re reptiles...you don’t tame reptiles..... 90% of geckos shouldn’t be handled anyways. People always want "nice cuddly reptiles." Get a dog if you want to cuddle with something. Most reptiles don’t enjoy being held at all, it stresses them out and makes them more susceptible to disease. Don’t hold your gecko, just enjoy the fascinating natural behaviors that make reptiles the awesome animals they are.

05/22/06  04:20am

Geckogirlemi
View Profile

Message To: KsuHerpGuy   In reference to Message Id: 797792

I hold my crested and leopard gecko like a few times a week and it makes vet trips easier ’cause they are used to being touched.

05/22/06  03:24pm

KsuHerpGuy
View Profile

Message To: Geckogirlemi   In reference to Message Id: 798340

Handling enough to acclimate some reptiles isn’t usually a problem. But it doesn’t take much. Heck, I barely handle my fat tail or leopard or girdled lizards, but they’re all very tolerant of it.

05/23/06  01:07am

Geckogirlemi
View Profile

Message To: KsuHerpGuy   In reference to Message Id: 799443

Yeah^ I handle mine Like I said a few times a week....They are just cool to look at but lizards like Anoles, Tokay geckos etc that get stressed easily should not be handled lizards like leopard geckos, crested geckos etc handling will not stress them to much unless you OVER handle them....My leo LOVES being handled but I let him decide when he wants to be...Usually when he want to be handled he will climb up my hand.I do agree that the are NOT animals like dogs they are NOT "Cuddly".

05/23/06  02:39am

Back to Geckos-Mourning Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area