Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LunaTuna   LeopardGeckoNBirds   LunaTuna   LunaTuna   LunaTuna   LeopardGeckoNBirds  

Member  Message

LunaTuna
View Profile

Heat lamp or heat mat???

Do they both provide efficient heating??? If not which is better because I’m getting mixed messages

03/04/18  12:46pm

LeopardGeckoNBirds
View Profile

Message To: LunaTuna   In reference to Message Id: 2322112

Heat mat

Do not use a heat lamp! Leopard geckos are nocturnal animals and usually hide from the daylight and sun, they get their heat from their bellies not their backs, heat lamps are very bad for them. Just imagine how you would feel with a huge ball of heat above your head 24/7! There’s a great channel on YouTube called “Leopard Gecko”. The channel will have all the information you need to get a leopard gecko. And btw do not use calcium or any kind of sand for your gecko.

03/08/18  03:49pm

LunaTuna
View Profile

Message To: LeopardGeckoNBirds   In reference to Message Id: 2322124

Heat mat

Ok that was the only confusing thing I knew I follow her I was having a hard time figuring this question out I will now just not use it also I do not use calcium sand I use a repti carpet

03/14/18  06:52pm

LunaTuna
View Profile

Heat mat

Ok so he doesn’t need no light I mean I have everything else down that was really the only question I had also when I did have the light on I regulated it through daytime in night but ok it’s good to know thank you, also I’ve subbed to leopard gecko for about a year now she’s very unique.

03/14/18  06:59pm

LunaTuna
View Profile

Heat mat

so I do not need any heat lamp or light just a window in my room that gives off light????

03/14/18  07:02pm

LeopardGeckoNBirds
View Profile

Message To: LunaTuna   In reference to Message Id: 2322138

Heat mat

Yes, inderect light from your window is good enough, that’s what I have for my gecko.

04/02/18  03:11pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area