Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sdhughesfam   Anonyous   TheGeckoGuy  

Member  Message

Sdhughesfam
View Profile

Gecko climbing glass to escape

We have adopted a 3 year old male gecko about 3 weeks ago. His substrate he was used to is paper toweling but today I changed and cleaned his cage. I bought the eco carpet and used that on the bottom and now he seems to be trying to climb the glass and pacing the terrarium. Is this normal? Should I switch back? Also we were told he only eats live meal worms but were thinking of trying crickets. Will he eat these if he is not used to them? Thanks for your help and time!

07/22/17  10:53am

Anonyous
View Profile

Message To: Sdhughesfam   In reference to Message Id: 2320889

Hi! I hope I can help you. I don’t know much about the climbing glass, but the pacing is normal. You just changed his environment, he’s going to want to explore! The climbing of the glass may also be a sort of exploring as well.
You can certainly try crickets, just make sure you are dusting his food with something. Link <- This would be good! I read that it’s a multivitamin and it gives your gecko all he needs. It’s also on sale, as a bonus :)
There’s no guarantee your leo will eat crickets if he’s used to mealworms, but you can always try! Just be prepared to switch back if he won’t eat. I hope this was helpful!

07/23/17  04:40am

TheGeckoGuy
View Profile

Message To: Sdhughesfam   In reference to Message Id: 2320889

Like she said it pacing the terrarium is normal ,as for the glass climbing that is just a sign of boredom.

07/24/17  01:14pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area