Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Shiba1nu   Shiba1nu  

Member  Message

Shiba1nu
View Profile

Leopard geckos hating day heat lamp

i have two leopard geckos, James and Frankie, and they seem to hate the light bulb i use for daylight?
i’ve had these guys for a week now in a 10 gallon tank and they’re both fairly healthy (Frankie was injured by the previous owner and has messed up front legs)
anyway, they usually sleep all day and only come out of their hides when i change the light or it’s night, they barely even come out when they’re hungry (when i feed them suddenly they’re very hungry and pounce on their food, when i before expected them to eat very little)
today James responded to my hand in the tank and was okay with letting me hold her
i’m a bit worried because the lamp i use is cheap and i have to wait ten minutes for the light bulb to cool down so as not to burn me. it also makes weird bumps in the mesh lid
i use colored lights, the day time one is blue and the night time one is red, the brand being Zoo Med Reptile Bulb. i’ve heard using colored lights can injure your leopard geckos so i’ve considered getting an undertank heater and leave it there all the time

any tips would be helpful!

05/14/17  06:50am

Shiba1nu
View Profile

Message To: Shiba1nu   In reference to Message Id: 2320673

Leopard geckos hating day heat lamp

UPDATE
i got an undertank heater. i also got a low wattage light bulb just in case.
any other advice though would be great!

05/16/17  12:08pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area