Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grandslamcj   Kitty125   Eris  

Member  Message

Grandslamcj
View Profile

Leopard Gecko Eye Squinted/Shut

Hi guys. My leopard gecko "Leo" was with me out in the yard. I went to pick him up, and held him at about 3 1/2 feet. He squirmed out of my hand, and fell on his head/body/eye. (I couldn’t really see as I was trying to catch him mid air). He shook his head twice and then flipped back over as if nothing happened. I put him back in his 40 gal viv, and let him sit there alone. He continued to eat normally, but I noticed that his left eye was acting weird. Sometimes he would close it for a few seconds, and then open it back up. Other times he would just squint it. However, when he sees a cricket, the symptoms go away, and he acts normal, (and doesn’t miss the cricket often). This leads me to believe that his vision is fine, but he may be in pain. What do you guys think?

10/15/16  07:25am

Kitty125
View Profile

Message To: Grandslamcj   In reference to Message Id: 2319628

His eyes may just be bothering him slightly but he shouldn’t be in pain and a lot of lizards of all kinds will squint or close them to keep them from getting dry but he should be okay.

10/18/16  08:38am

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Kitty125   In reference to Message Id: 2319651

I agree. He probably just scratched or irritated his eye. As long as there is not any discharge and he is able to open it, he should be just fine.

10/18/16  06:21pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area