Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crestielover21   Crestielover21   Eris   Chorusfrog  

Member  Message

Crestielover21
View Profile

Anemic leopard gecko

I went to buy a larger tank last thurs and they had a leo there in such poor condition i convinced them to give her to me and brought her to the vet fecal was cleared. They had no water in her cage whatsoever and she was on pine shavings. She’s extremely skinny and dehydrated, my vet thinks shes just so malnutritioned nothing medically wrong no mbd etc. I brought her home she’s in my quarantine tank currently 10 gallon 2 hides she sat in her water bowl the first night with her mouth open gulping it down she ate 6 crickets but vomited them up i think was too many for her system. Next day she ate 1 cricket kept it down then yesterday she ate 2 crickets she’s been licking the calcium like crazy anything i can do to boost her intake and keep it down? My other leos eat around 15 crickets a day plus mealworms they are fattys.

07/03/16  06:08am

Crestielover21
View Profile

Message To: Crestielover21   In reference to Message Id: 2319000

Anemic leopard gecko

[URL=http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/gatesamber466/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1467550367002_zpsbltcm5oa.jpg.html]

[/URL]

07/03/16  06:17am

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Crestielover21   In reference to Message Id: 2319000

Anemic leopard gecko

Sounds like you are doing good for her. I’d say keep up with giving her small amount of crickets and worms daily, if she is keeping it down. Fluker’s makes a critical care mix for reptiles, you might try that too. I’d imagine its easier to digest and she may be able to keep it down better. Also you can add more/less water as needed. Good luck and thanks for taking her in.

07/31/16  09:34pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Eris   In reference to Message Id: 2319182

Anemic leopard gecko

I’m not certain but it might be a good idea to give her wax worms? They’re high in fat and might make it easier to plump her up...

08/07/16  11:37am

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area