Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amado   Crestielover21   Eris   Amado   Eris  

Member  Message

Amado
View Profile

New Leo

Just bought a new Leo yesterday around 430 after setting up his aquarium we placed him in he wandered around a bit then we didn’t see him after about 2 hours . Problem is went to feed him this Mng and he is not in the cage . Screen lid was intact with the double bulb lamp on top of the screen . No one opened it . Is it possible he could have gotten out . There is s tree like decoration in cage with holes in it my wife picked it up and gently shook it to see if he was in it . He didn’t seem to be in it . Curious as to how well do they hide and what are chances that he got out and that we can find him ?

05/14/16  12:31pm

Crestielover21
View Profile

Message To: Amado   In reference to Message Id: 2318394

New Leo

They hide extremely well depending on the age the leo could have climbed up into the tree do not shake it u could injure ur leo just give him time to adjust throw few 3-5 crickets in there turn the light off n wait good luck

05/14/16  06:06pm

Eris
View Profile

New Leo

Hello!

Well leos are not able to climb glass and would not be typical for them to push open a screen lid. (But strange things can happen) I would start by carefully checking all the décor and hides. It would be unlikely that they would burrow in the substrate, but you should look there too. Some of those plastic cage decorations have ledges/lips that he could wedge or climb up into, so double check there with a light or by feeling. If he did manage to escape somehow, look in low, small, dark areas. Best of luck and keep us posted.

05/14/16  06:12pm

Amado
View Profile

Lost and Found .

Found him . Wow he found an extreme corner of a hollow limb and snugly got in there . He snuck out late last night for the crickets . But now he is back in the same spot . Thanks for the replies . I hope eventually he stays out more where we can see him . My 6 y/o was so excited that I found him . He is also anxious to watch him .

05/15/16  06:43am

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Amado   In reference to Message Id: 2318402

Lost and Found .

I’m glad to hear that he is safe and sound! If he continues to work his way up in the hollow, you may want to consider blocking it off so he does not get himself accidently stuck. Exo-Terra makes some neat hides that rest right against the glass for viewing. But, I am sure he will eventually come out more often when he gets settled in. My guy will actually come out of his cave to beg for food if he sees me in the room :)

05/15/16  05:50pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area