Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chorusfrog   Animal Lover 3000   Eris   Chorusfrog   Eris   Chorusfrog  

Member  Message

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Leopard Gecko Tank

Okie, so I have a ten gal tank, hoping to upgrade it to a 20 before the end of the month. I have a small cork wood hide and a broken pot hide and a small blue dish that I have water in. I’m using reptile carpet on the bottom. And I also have a large piece of rock slab that is supported on top of the court hide and reaches up to the glass. Is this a decent tank set up? I also put some moss down on top of the carpet in case he want to climb on Moss or whatever. Any suggestions?

02/12/16  10:26am

Animal Lover 3000
View Profile

Message To: Chorusfrog   In reference to Message Id: 2316998

Leopard Gecko Tank

If your going to upgrade to a 20 you should have a cool house and a heat house just in case your Leo overheats

02/15/16  08:26am

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Chorusfrog   In reference to Message Id: 2316998

Leopard Gecko Tank

That sounds like you got a good set up. I agree that you should have a cool hide and a warm hide too. I also like the idea of using "vertical space" when ever possible. Although leos are thought of mostly ground dwelling.... by safely stacking hides (or leaning rock slabs) can create more usable surface area and I’m sure he will enjoy exploring it. Just be sure they wont tumble over :)

02/16/16  05:59pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Eris   In reference to Message Id: 2317034

Leopard Gecko Tank

Yeah, I have a heating pad under half of the tank. The broken pot is on the cool side, the log on the warm side, but I lifted up the pot and I realized he is using it as a toilet. There is no poo anywhere but under this pot, is this normal??? Should I be worried?

02/16/16  07:25pm

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Chorusfrog   In reference to Message Id: 2317037

Leopard Gecko Tank

That is perfectly normal. Leos will typically find a spot that they will use most often for their business. Mine will either go under one of his hides or in a certain corner of his tank. Sure makes clean up easier if its in one area :)

02/18/16  11:48am

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Eris   In reference to Message Id: 2317101

Leopard Gecko Tank

Thx, I just wanted to be sure nothing was wrong with him! Very relieved haha

02/18/16  01:39pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area