Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Animal Lover 3000   Takahiro111   Chorusfrog  

Member  Message

Animal Lover 3000
View Profile

How do I choose the right Leo at reptile show

Hi I’m going to a reptile show in a month to hopefully get two more Leo’s but could someone please tell me how to choose a healthy one thanks

01/28/16  08:38pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Animal Lover 3000   In reference to Message Id: 2316782

A healthy one should have no skin marks like insects bites,blisters,cuts etc...., nice plump tail, clear eyes,nostrils and vent, no missing digits like toes,fingers. Should be active,curious. Ask the breeder about the feeding and defecation schedule for example when was the last time the Leo ate and poop. When you bring the Leo home take a fresh stool sample to the vet to check for internal parasites their usually about $40-50. If you cant get a fecal sample the vet can check for parasites by swabbing the vent area

01/28/16  09:10pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316784

Ooh!!! I’m so excited for you! Which show are you going to? Oh , and look for a type of pattern you like, and here is a tip: walk around it once, too see what geckos are there, then decide which one you want instead of buying on impulse! Because then you might find an even cuter one, and then you would be stuck. And also follow Takahiro’s advice, they are really smart.

02/12/16  10:09am

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area