Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lucy Lizzard girl   Lucy Lizzard girl   Animal Lover 3000   Chorusfrog   Lucy Lizzard girl   Chorusfrog   Haven22  

Member  Message

Lucy Lizzard girl
View Profile

New leopard gecko

Hey I just got a leopard gecko a few days ago and from what the pet store said it was still pretty young. I don’t know weather I can tell if it’s a girl or boy yet. Is there any ways to tell how old it is? If there are any tips for better care I would apriciate them.

01/01/16  10:17am

Lucy Lizzard girl
View Profile

Message To: Lucy Lizzard girl   In reference to Message Id: 2316369

New leopard gecko

I also heard somewhere that you should kill the mealworms before feeding Leos because if I don’t the mealworms could eat her from the inside, is this true? I’ve been doing it just incase and my Leo still eats them fine cause they still wriggle a little after they are dead.

01/01/16  10:28pm

Animal Lover 3000
View Profile

Message To: Lucy Lizzard girl   In reference to Message Id: 2316369

New leopard gecko

You might be able to tell how old it is by measuring it or weighing it and you should not kill the mealworms but make sure it eats all the mealworms if not take them
out of the cage. you should always read up on a animal before you get on to make sure you can properly take care of it. it looks like you have a very beautiful Leo there

01/28/16  08:49pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Animal Lover 3000   In reference to Message Id: 2316783

New leopard gecko

I think it’s a Tremper, possibly albino but I can’t see the eyes. Don’t kill the mealworms. They can’t chew through the skin very fast, and are normally killed by the acid in the stomach before they are able to do any damage.

01/30/16  06:02am

Lucy Lizzard girl
View Profile

Message To: Chorusfrog   In reference to Message Id: 2316836

New leopard gecko

Thank you so much guys! Here is a better picture him/her.

He/She is about to shed so the color is really dull. I will put up some more pictures of him/her after the shedding is complete. By the way Chorusfrog the eyes are brown. Thanks again!

01/31/16  09:23pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Lucy Lizzard girl   In reference to Message Id: 2316874

New leopard gecko

Okie, then it isn’t an albino, but yeah, it does look like a tremper. It’s a really cute Leo though!

02/12/16  10:05am

Haven22
View Profile

Message To: Lucy Lizzard girl   In reference to Message Id: 2316874

New leopard gecko

Beautiful! My baby gecko loves to eat all of her live worms in one sitting. She was a scrawny skin and bones thing when I got her and now she’s chubby and content. No need to worry about meal worms eating her from the insid! I’ve never even heard of that, and my geckos reject food that doesn’t move. Be sure to sprinkle with calcium powder for reps! As for the sex, she may be too young to tell, but you’ll be able to see a sort of swelling before the tail if it’s a male gecko. This swelling is called the hemipenal bulge. If you see that, you have a boy! You’ll also see preanal pores, a visible V shape just before the cloaca (hole that urine and feces are released from). If you don’t see these, you have a little girl!

03/26/16  07:14pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area