Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

MandibleHead   Takahiro111   Allielover   MandibleHead  

Member  Message

MandibleHead
View Profile

I need opinions. To amputate or not amputate

Hey guys, I havent been on here for along time, like 2 years. When I first got my gecko things went good, although I wqas very amature. He had a bad shed and I didnt know what to do, after a while I youtubed it. but ultimatly only one foot looked bad, I didnt realized u had to remove the skin off there feet. if it got stuck, but I fixed the swollen foot. but down the road he unded up with gangren on his feet and he has no claws anymore and hasnt had any for about a year. somone tells me I can take them to a vet and they will amputate the legs or feet or somethign, and iut will grow back with claws. Is this a good thing to do or a mean thing to do. hes under 3 years old, and I dopnt like to take him out anymore because he just falls off because no claw graip, and he dosent climb on his furnishings very well. Your thoughts ? does anyone know what amputations cost if its thought to be a good idea

11/16/15  01:51pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: MandibleHead   In reference to Message Id: 2315736

See a vet regardless off the price gangrene can spread and kill. The price can range but I can estimate a few hundreds of dollars, it includeds surgery and medicine. Take out anything that he’ll climb on.

11/16/15  10:12pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315745

i bought my nearly adult male who is missing a whole toe and probably has a partly regrown tail. tails grow back, toes dont.

11/17/15  01:02am

MandibleHead
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2315748

oh no worries about that this was a long time ago I tok care of the gangrene. I was just wondering what the chances were of him getting his claws bacl because I use to like to put him on my shoulder and stuff and I cant anymore. i gues my question is answered. toes dont grow back :(
thats ok hes pretty healthy

11/19/15  09:21pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area