Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Leopardlexi   Maculariusbab   Jsilverback64  

Member  Message

Leopardlexi
View Profile

Leopard gecko dragging back legs

My leopard gecko has been having eye problems and we’ve been taking her to the vet for a few months and two days ago we took her back for a check up and he wanted to recheck her in a month. Well, yesterday morning i picked her up to give her her medicine and i noticed she was dragging her back legs. I had another gecko that got out of her cage and broke her spine and she was dragging her legs so i thought thats what happened and that she was going to die . We took her to the vet as soon as they opened and they took xrays and she didnt fracture anything. The vet really didnt know what happened so he just gave us some pain meds to give her and see what happens.

We were feeding her waxworms because she needed to gain weight but i think we’ll go back to mealworms. Could feeding her waxworms cause her to drag her back legs? Is she too fat? She’d eat 5 or 6 at a time. I noticed this morning she used the bathroom and it looks kind of weird. Its white ish and stuck to the wall? Not like her regular poops.

I dont know the measurements for her tank but its a good size. We have a blue light for her and the temp at the highest point (where she lays) is about 85. We have two log hides in there and a shallow water dish.

I dont really know what happened to her or what to do. Shes pretty much acting the same but shes kind of skittish when i try to pick her up so i dont really bother her. I took out everything so she cant hurt herself trying to climb.

So what do i do? Will her legs get better? She does move the tip of her tail.

10/24/15  12:48pm

Maculariusbab
View Profile

Message To: Leopardlexi   In reference to Message Id: 2315360

My past experience with something like this actually was with a ferret. We took him to a vet and found he had a tumor in his kidneys, though. We thought he had broken his legs but unfortunately, it was much worse. This probably isn’t the case with your leo but I’m hoping this helped you any sort of way. Good luck.

11/27/16  11:59am

Jsilverback64
View Profile

Message To: Maculariusbab   In reference to Message Id: 2319820

What is the setup like? Substrate. Temps? Calcium? How do you provide heat

02/09/17  05:37pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area