Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Piti   Jinete   Takahiro111   GibbytheGecko  

Member  Message

Piti
View Profile

Please need urgent help

I saved a couple of geckos from a guy on craigslist. Theyre extremely skinny and cannot seem to shed. One had multiple layers of shedded shin on him. They both cannot open their eyes and one has a small sore in his mouth. Please help me i do not have the money for a vet. Anything at all will be appreciated

03/30/15  04:27pm

Jinete
View Profile

Message To: Piti   In reference to Message Id: 2312943

Please need urgent help

Do they have a warm moist hide? Sometimes a warm bath works. Sometimes you can take a Q-tip with warm water and use it to gently to brush off the dead skin.

03/30/15  05:35pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Please need urgent help

To make them gain weight give some waxworms with varied diet feed 2-3x a day. Give calcium dust with D3 1-2x weekly. There’s no home remedy for treating the cut in the mouth but if its outside disinfect it with plain neosporin. Take a fecal sample to the vet....a fresh one and it shouldn’t be expensive from $20-$40. Its to check for patasites since that can be a factor of weight loss and for shedding give a warm bath...the water shouldn’t go past its elbows since he’s small. When my burm was stuck it shed I ran hot water in the shower so it steamed up and let him crawl about and 15min after I got a warm damped towel and wrapped it around him and the whole skin came off. For the eyes how does it look(swollen,red,etc...)??

03/30/15  08:00pm

GibbytheGecko
View Profile

Please need urgent help

First house them in seprate terrariums.Then make sure there is a humid, hot ,and cold hide in the tanks.Then take a 5 gallon fish tank or kritter keeper and put moist paper towels in it with a heat mat under it and let them (1 at a time) stay in there for about 10 minutes while you take a Q tip (do not reuse Q tips) and rub the stuck shed.Also switch out the paper towels in the tank every time a diffrent gecko is in there. Last but not least good luck

04/12/15  05:24pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area