Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ReptileGirl96   Takahiro111   Squishy6984  

Member  Message

ReptileGirl96
View Profile

Leopard Gecko too small?

I have had my leopard gecko (Trimson) for about six months now. We got him at a pet culture where we fully believed they were mistreating the animals. All their geckos had their tails fallen off except for ours and when the guy went to grab him Trimson instantly shook his tail and went to attack. He got a big flick to his face and was pulled out of the cage. Me and my boyfriend have done every precaution for him to be comfortable with us and so far it has completely worked! He’s very nice but a bit jumpy sometimes. He loves to hang out on us when he’s out of his cage. When we had gotten him we were told he was about 3-4 months. Being new to geckos we weren’t too sure the size they should be at that age. But he is the exact same size since we got him and its been 6 months now (he’s around 9-10 months). His tails thicker then in the photos but not by very much. We feed him around 15-20 three week old Crickets once a week with calcium on them. Is it okay that he is this skinny? We just see every other leopard gecko a lot meatier then ours.

Also, I want to add climbing things for him in his tank, will that stress him out? We had a big tree like structure but it broke while I was cleaning it. Now all he has is two hides so I am wanting to get him something more for his tank.

03/11/15  03:48pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGirl96   In reference to Message Id: 2312709

Leopard Gecko too small?

I believe geckos of this kind is from a hot desert area if I’m correct so get some nice sized rocks and make atleast one basking spot.vary the diet..give waxworms,small dubia roaches,other worms. I’ll give you and your bf thumbs up for rescuing the leo. The pic didn’t show but its ok. If you add something to the cage he’ll explore a little more but just don’t bother him until he get use to the new accesories because yout switching the cage up kinda and also since he was basically neglected before you guys saved him his growth could’ve ben affected. It’ll take some time for him to look better but did you tell a herp vet? Or take a fecal sample??

03/11/15  11:07pm

Squishy6984
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGirl96   In reference to Message Id: 2312709

Leopard Gecko too small?

feed your gecko meal worms and occasionally wax worms oh and dust ur geckos food in calcium and try a fake plant he hides their a lot he gets light and shade at the same time and in having the prob with my gecko right now

07/17/15  02:32pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area