Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ShakiraLeopardGecko   Takahiro111   ShakiraLeopardGecko   Jinete   Takahiro111   ShakiraLeopardGecko  

Member  Message

ShakiraLeopardGecko
View Profile

My Leopard Gecko Won’t Eat

Look, I’m new to this site, but I badly need help. Shakira (My Lizard) will not eat crickets. She eats mealworms fine, but I’m worried about her. Shes a couple months old and I bought her at Petsmart. She was the healthiest one. Shes been eating fine before, but now.. Shes also not going to the bathroom. "Droppings", she went 2 days ago and made a giant dropping but then stopped going. Im very worried, and she never leaves her log hide! She started to get out at night and just stand on top of the water bowl. Shes pretty fat and happy, It’s just, It’s getting cold here. Shes on reptile carpet, so she isn’t impacted. Im worried that the mealworms impacted her.. So I soaked her in warm water and I’m buying oil today, she also licked her (tail) 3 times when I took her out to check on her. Please help! I have no clue on whats going on, I’ve been researching all day and walking back and forth worried. This is really messing with my mind specially since I have a test today. Help!!! Heres a video of her eating not too long ago. The petstore ran out of tiny crickets so I had to do medium, she was fine with it, but I still changed her crickets back to small lol.

ShakiraLeopardGecko, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JzacYOstk4&list=UU7v69SgfyTjbYY5OXy1rWew

12/04/14  01:01pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: ShakiraLeopardGecko   In reference to Message Id: 2311136

Hi there I understand your problem but you’ll have to relax a little when it comes down to stuff like this because your getting stress and not thinking right but its ok I’ll help out.

What’s her setup like(temps,basking,humidity)?? Ever since she stopped eating crickets have you been only giving mealies and how long? Have you been giving calcium dust with D3?? The food shouldn’t be no bigger then the head/between the eyes. Big poop means the food was too big and yeah she maybe impacted. Do you feel or see lumps on her tummy?

12/04/14  04:31pm

ShakiraLeopardGecko
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311139

No i feel nothing lumpy on her stomach.

12/04/14  04:47pm

Jinete
View Profile

Message To: ShakiraLeopardGecko   In reference to Message Id: 2311140

Could be she is getting ready to shed. Could be that it is now winter and some lizards naturally slow down during this time. What temps are you registering in the habitat? (Warm side, cool side).

12/04/14  05:22pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Jinete   In reference to Message Id: 2311142

Your absolutely right jinete I don’t know how I lefted that out lol...is your gecko skin starting to dull in color??

12/04/14  05:53pm

ShakiraLeopardGecko
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311143

She shedded 4 days ago, shes not dull. Shes a midnight blizzard leopoard gecko. The temp is 75 right now.

12/04/14  06:07pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area