Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bethhe   Takahiro111   Bethhe   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Bethhe
View Profile

Bread

So I’m new to this whole thing, and I didn’t have time to go get crickets for my leo for the past four or five days. I got really anxious, and in a stupid moment fed him bread. (He actually chose to eat it... Probably cuz he was starving)

Yes, I know dumb move.

Afterwards, I went on the internet because I was slightly worried, and behold, a website that said to NOT feed bread to your lizard cuz it causes colin problems.

I’m really worried about this... Can someone tell me if this is true and if it is, tell me what to do? I don’t want my leo to be sick....

;-;

11/23/14  10:03pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Bethhe   In reference to Message Id: 2310971

Bread

Leos and other lizards will be ok without food for 4-5 days if their healthy and weight ok but why would you feed bread out of all things :/ you should’ve tried fruit or veggies and he will have some gastrointestinal tract problems because their not designed to eat bread. My 7’ water monitor went a week without food because I was broke(couldn’t work because of injury) and he don’t eat bugs like the others so we both raided my fridge and he pulled out raw ground meat and I cooked it and cleaned my fridge with cleaner after lol. But keep the temps/basking spot up, check for poop and weird behavior. You paniced right?? Its ok who don’t :)

11/23/14  11:57pm

Bethhe
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310975

Bread

Thanks, I was really worried there. He seems to be fine, and is dozing is his cage right now.

11/24/14  08:39am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Bethhe   In reference to Message Id: 2310981

Bread

Good to hear he’s okay

11/24/14  12:23pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area