Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jinete   KrazyKelli   Takahiro111   Jinete   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Jinete
View Profile

My first Leopard Gecko

Here is a pic of my first leopard gecko. I have a couple other lizards but picked this guy up at Repticon this weekend. He is still getting acclimated and is a bit nervous but came out for a sec. Here’s a pic.

11/22/14  11:19pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Jinete   In reference to Message Id: 2310951

My first Leopard Gecko

That’s an awesome-looking leo.

Dare I ask, what are you using as substrate?

11/27/14  05:36pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Jinete   In reference to Message Id: 2310951

My first Leopard Gecko

I hope that substrate isn’t shredded wood like rodent bedding...either use sand or that brown reptile carpet. Hey krazykelli haven’t heard from you in a while and I’m not sure if you live in the states but happy thanksgiving :)

11/27/14  05:57pm

Jinete
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311055

My first Leopard Gecko

Swapped out the substrate and went with the recommendation of Reptiles by Mack. 1/2 sand 1/2 eco earth. I’ll see how that goes. I am concerned that since I have had him for about 1.5 weeks now and he hasn’t eaten. In fact, he doesn’t come out of his hide at night at all that I can tell. I don’t know if it is still part of the acclimation process or what. My temps are good. I am trying not to overreact. Any suggestions?

12/03/14  10:16pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Jinete   In reference to Message Id: 2311132

My first Leopard Gecko

He must be still getting use to it but to make things better don’t have him around loud noises,other people staring through the tank,no traffic(meaning constant movement) and no touchy unless neccessary. This is only while he’s accumalating but after he’s used to everything then you can start trying to interacting.

12/04/14  12:51am

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area