Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Devo   Takahiro111   Devo   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Devo
View Profile

How much flex watt?

I was wondering how much flex watt to put under tank I have 20 long I have 6in heat tape. Would one strip across width 12in be enough or do you think I should put two strips for a full 12x12 section. Don’t have a Leo yet but getting one as soon as tank is set up. Second I live in Michigan so humidity can be high would a low watt red/blue bulb be good to bring humidity down in tank without raising temps to high. I already have the flex watt left over from bp enclosure.

Thanks

10/25/14  04:03pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Devo   In reference to Message Id: 2310510

How much flex watt?

I’m not good about flexi watt of any matter but what I can say about humidity is to decrease it you can:

*have a little water dish
*more ventilation
*heating bulbs are known to dry the air making humidity difficult

10/25/14  04:45pm

Devo
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310514

How much flex watt?

It’s a glass aquarium sill waiting on stuff for it to come in mail (screen top thermostat ect.) Just going by what humidity is in house is usually 50% or more which is to high for Leo from what I have read. I have read lots of care sheets. Trying to hurry bc shipping time coming too end where I live bc of weather is getting cold and hoping to get Leo for oldest son for xmas need to be ordering one soon but want tank setup right so I’m not stressing like I did with the bp setup that was a rescue and wasn’t ready for. Really don’t want to wire up the flex watt and have to try to wire another section to it later

Thanks

10/25/14  08:15pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Devo   In reference to Message Id: 2310525

How much flex watt?

Your welcome and some people use flexi watts for racks etc... and UTHs are good for leos since they are grown dwellers but don’t get me wrong you can use bulbs too to provide a basking spot on rocks and I know your son will be proud of his new friend because I was happy when my dad got me a albino burm when I was 6 now I got a reptile barn in my home and my mom is scared because their so huge :)

10/25/14  10:05pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area