Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Atlas 2010   Snakeboy83   Atlas 2010  

Member  Message

Atlas 2010
View Profile

Is my female ovulating?

I’ve paired her with my male three times already but she’s rejected him every time (yesterday they were very close though). I realized she might not be ovulating, so I checked her belly. From pictures and videos I’ve seen, she is, but what do you guys think? And if she is ovulating, what can I do to make her accept the male?

07/02/12  01:24pm

Snakeboy83
View Profile

Message To: Atlas 2010   In reference to Message Id: 2271969

Is my female ovulating?

I’m having the same problem with my female. She won’t let the male mate with her, but her belly looks like that and has gotten noticeably fatter. I can’t tell if she’s pregnant or just fat from the butterworms I’ve been feeding her.

07/02/12  04:58pm

Atlas 2010
View Profile

Message To: Snakeboy83   In reference to Message Id: 2271999

Is my female ovulating?

If she hasnt let the female mate with him then she cant be pregnant. However, most females wont accept a male until they start ovulating. Thats is why i am asking here, because constant courting when shes still not ready is just stressful to her. Her belly getting fatter could be a ign of ovulation; wait for a reply to my pictures, if you say her belly looks like mine, and if she is ovulating then introduce her to the male. Im going to wait a week because shes already been harassed quite a bit, and itll give her time to ovulte more or to begin if she hasnt.

07/02/12  05:30pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area