Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rae rae   Atlas 2010   Rae rae  

Member  Message

Rae rae
View Profile

Egg not hatching?

I date all of my eggs when they’re laid. All of them seem to be pretty consistent with incubating around 46 days. I have one egg, however, that is now on day 53! Others laid past this one have already hatched. I have candled it about 3 times during entire incubation. I candled it again on day 48 and it still looked to be okay...I guess??? It is incubated at the same temp as all of the other ones. Do you think this one is dead, or a late bloomer? I’ve never had one that hatched this late when kept at the same temps as the others. How long is too late and should I dispose? Would it still have a pinkish color inside if it was dead? Thank you.

04/24/12  04:35pm

Atlas 2010
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2264089

Egg not hatching?

Sometimes the color is not enough to tell if it’s fertile or not. Look at the top of the egg when you candle it and look for veins, which will appear as dark lines. If you can’t fnd any, than most likely it’s infertile. However, don’t throw it out yet until after two months, when you’re sure it’s not gonna hatch.

04/28/12  10:31am

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Atlas 2010   In reference to Message Id: 2264581

Egg not hatching?

Okay thanks. It still hasn’t hatched...so it’s probably no good. However, I was looking for some sort of time frame to where I would know for sure it’s no good before throwing it out. So I guess 60 days is the magic number. I believe today is day 57. No mold/fungus growing and it still looks to be normal. However, I actually think it died during development, because it did have veins. Sad, but oh well. Nothing I can do about it I guess.

04/28/12  04:37pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area