Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptile lover!   PCR2011   Reptile lover!   Rae rae   PCR2011   Rae rae   Reptile lover!  

Member  Message

Reptile lover!
View Profile

BREEDING HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just put my geckos together. My female seems interested in my male but he will run away when ever she goes near him. They have been together over night. Im not to sure if they have done any thing yet. when i got up to check on them they were on opposite sides of the cage. I took my male out of the females tank to feed and then put them together again and they still don’t seem interested. I need to know if this is normal. Its their first time as well as my first time breeding leos. Can you tell me what to do!!!!!!!! i need to know if they will still breed. Thanks!

01/06/12  12:07pm

PCR2011
View Profile

Message To: Reptile lover!   In reference to Message Id: 2249969

Well, if it is there first time breeding, you need to give them time....Also, are they the correct weight and age? Are the enclosures set up correctly, correct heat?

Theres is def. more than having a male and a female and throwing them in an enclosure expecting them to breed right away....

If you need help, let us know

02/16/12  03:45pm

Reptile lover!
View Profile

Message To: PCR2011   In reference to Message Id: 2255564

Yes they are 72 grams each and everthing is correct. Thank you for ur help!!

02/26/12  10:54pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Reptile lover!   In reference to Message Id: 2256979

I think sometimes it just takes time. What I’ve experienced with mine is that if the girl says no, she means no! I have to say though, I’ve never had a problem with the male...that I know of. Last year one of my females decided to not lay any eggs at all. This year...she just laid 2 a few days ago so I guess she felt like it this go around lol! Sorry can’t be of any more help than that. Maybe someone else will have better advice.

02/26/12  10:59pm

PCR2011
View Profile

Message To: Reptile lover!   In reference to Message Id: 2249969

Also, just to put this out there....

One possibility is that she is a "hot" female, meaning she was incubated at 90+ degrees and is not breedable. Also, you can check the females belly, if you see a red dot that looks about the size of an eraser on a pencil, that means she is ovulating, if there isn’t one, shes not and that is most likely why she wants nothing to do with him yet..

You can put his papwertowels from his enclosure into hers and that can help spur ovulation....

02/27/12  04:01pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: PCR2011   In reference to Message Id: 2257041

What?! That’s crazy! How come I have never heard about this red dot on the belly?! Now I will definitely have to look for that!

02/28/12  12:07am

Reptile lover!
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2257109

Thanks so much!! you’ve both helped a lot!!

05/05/12  05:54pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area