Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

HerrL1116   Reptile lover!   HerrL1116   Atlas 2010   PCR2011  

Member  Message

HerrL1116
View Profile

Breeding

HEY EVERYONE!!!! so i was just wondering when it comes to breeding can i only breed leos from Jan-Apr or can they mate any time? hope to get a response.

-Thank You

11/08/11  11:39am

Reptile lover!
View Profile

Message To: HerrL1116   In reference to Message Id: 2243511

Breeding

Some people like breeding early to get baby’s sooner. You can cool your Leo’s when ever you want to breed them so they think that it’s breeding season even if it’s not. You want to get the temperatures right so they think it’s breeding time. I know that’s kinda confusing so I’ll try and explain a bit more. Right before January it’s cold because of winter. Leo’s breeding time is around jan- April. So during the winter the geckos are almost getting ready for breeding because they know that breeding is after cooling. So you can cool when ever you want during the year to get the geckos ready for breeding. I hope this makes sense!

01/06/12  12:55pm

HerrL1116
View Profile

Message To: Reptile lover!   In reference to Message Id: 2249982

Breeding

accually it does theyve just went through brumation now their eating like pigs all over again haha my male i want to breed is 61G and my female i want to breed is 58G, now i want to breed them but the males not trying

01/06/12  03:42pm

Atlas 2010
View Profile

Message To: HerrL1116   In reference to Message Id: 2250014

Breeding

Stop, first of all. Females should be 60-70 grams, and slightly larger than the male, as the male may injure her accidentaly during mating. Wait for her to get bigger, then try again.

01/06/12  04:55pm

PCR2011
View Profile

Message To: Atlas 2010   In reference to Message Id: 2250022

Breeding

While the bigger and older is better, a female leo can be 50+ grams and over a year old. If the female is not ready to breed, she will let the male know...My females are fond of tail whipping the male if they aren’t ready. It takes but two seconds for the male to know whether or not the female will except him.

I have gotten my leos to the point that if I put them on a certain table, they know what time it is. Takes 5 minutes at the most and then I put the male back in his enclosure. If the female isn’t ready, take his substrate from his enclosure and place it in the females, it helps to spur ovulation in females....

02/27/12  04:07pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area