Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum

LeoLuvr   Leoman911   Kill.Joy  
 Member  Message

LeoLuvr
View Profile

Is May

My leo, May, had her tail amputated on April 23rd and has been doing fantastic. Very long story but her tail had an infection but it is growing back little by little and she’s been off all (3) of her meds for a while now.

I have another leo, Kurt, that I’ve been wanted to breed with May since I got him. Shortly after getting him is when May had her surgery so I put off breeding because I don’t want to stress May out at all.

I’m wondering if it’s too soon to see if they will breed?
I don’t want to rush it at all but I have no idea as to how long I should wait.

Shes shed at least 4 times since her surgery and hasn’t lost any weight, she went into surgery at 71g’s and I don’t know what she is now without her tail, but her body looks if not the same, then even more full.

Kurt is also very healthy, smaller than May but still very healthy.

I’m very excited to start breeding Leo’s and I have done SO much research on it, since my first leo about 3 years ago but I really don’t want to rush anything, I love May so much and I don’t want to her to be in pain or anything becuase of me wanted to breed.

05/31/11  03:28pm

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: LeoLuvr   In reference to Message Id: 2221939

Is May

go head try it and if she rejects him give her some time

06/03/11  04:33pm

Kill.Joy
View Profile

Message To: LeoLuvr   In reference to Message Id: 2221939

Is May

I wouldn’t breed them till her tail is all the way back. It can get pretty violent. Leos store all their vitamins and stuff in their tails, and she needs that to develop the eggs properly. It may lead to birth defects.

07/27/11  05:06pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area