Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum

Member  Message

Jackie_03
View Profile

Breeding Question!

So this is my second attempt at breeding leopard geckos, the first time didn’t go over to well because the male had no clue what to do. A few months back I went to a reptile show and bought myself a male, I believe it was in October. Anyway, I did my research and got every thing set up for breeding my Leo’s. The females are fine weight wise, they are about 3-4 years old. To old? I didn’t really think so, and the male is about 1 years old. I witnessed my spotted Leo mating with the male, afterward he licked his self which is normal from what I read up on. But about 10 minutes later the female was attempting to do the same. Wasn’t sure if that was normal? ( She is definitely a girl). I went to work, when I came home around 5 or 6 I went to check on them and noticed that the female that mated a few hours earlier her vent was a little bruised it looked like. Any thoughts? Is it because she is sore down there? I am a little worried, oh and I have separated them at this moment. The reason being is because he was in the same cage with the other female for about 3 days, and only came across the spotted female today. They are all separated now. If you want some pictures I can take some and post them.
Thanks
Jackie

03/20/11  09:00pm

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area