Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum

LeoBreeder348   Rebecca Wright   Oneluvshorty05   BOMBZ   Oneluvshorty05  
 Member  Message

LeoBreeder348
View Profile

EGG INCUBATION HELP!

Ok so I already threw away the eggs. And well I was hoping this was the right decision because the were incubating for about 40-45 days and when I candled them they were all yellow and no veins just a little tiny black spot that had the size of a mini cricket and when they were laid they were yellow with veins and the same black spot so the black spot never got bigger. Plus the eggs were getting all wrinkly and was starting to collapse completely and there were really soft. So did I make the right decision??? :(

08/27/10  07:41am

Rebecca Wright
View Profile

Message To: LeoBreeder348   In reference to Message Id: 2171890

EGG INCUBATION HELP!

I would have done the same thing, from what I understand healthy fertile eggs are supposed to be a pinkish color and very veiny but I haven’t incubated eggs before so I may be wrong >.> Good luck next time :)

09/05/10  07:57pm

Oneluvshorty05
View Profile

Message To: Rebecca Wright   In reference to Message Id: 2173832

EGG INCUBATION HELP!

I know this is an old post but here you go

The above eggs are fertile

Now I also have some of Echos eggs that I have been incubating forever, they glow yellow so I know they are not fertile but I still incubate cause, well, just cause I guess! LOL! Hope this helps

10/04/10  11:17am

BOMBZ
View Profile

Message To: Oneluvshorty05   In reference to Message Id: 2178964

EGG INCUBATION HELP!

I’ve read that the eggs shouldnt be moved or turned or that could kill the babies...

10/30/10  09:34pm

Oneluvshorty05
View Profile

Message To: BOMBZ   In reference to Message Id: 2184793

EGG INCUBATION HELP!

Thats right, when the female lays the eggs, you should get a sharpie marker and lightly mark a line on the egg to ensure that the egg is not turned as it can drowned the baby!

11/01/10  07:07am

Back to Geckos-Leopard-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area