Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Knob Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Knob Tail Forum

Xanadu   Spic   Spic   Bulldawg art  
 Member  Message

Xanadu
View Profile

Thinking about getting a knobby...have questions

The first time I saw one of these guys, I fell in love. They are absolutely the most unique gecko Iíve ever seen. I really want one. There will be a reptile show in September here in Sacramento, but I donít know that I want to wait that long. LOL. Does anyone know of any breeders in my area? Also, can you compare them to Leopard Geckos? What are the pros and cons of the knob tails? Thanks!!

Heather

02/23/06  07:56pm

Spic
View Profile

Message To: Xanadu   In reference to Message Id: 664320

i havent checked this forum in a while its not used often sorry it took so long for a reply

in my experience, and i only have rough knobs, they are beutiful and i think they are fun to watch...

some pros
at least with the rough knob taileds, they have enourmouse heads so you can feed them a small amount of large prey eatch night, my adults eat 4-6 large crickets a night.

they are beautiful,
worth some real money,
and relatively hardy (but not as hardy as the leos)

some cons

its harder to tell how they are doing compared to leos, u cant just watch them and check their tail now and then because they are alays nervouse around humans and the tail is a knob (obviously)

its not good to hold them because it may cause them to stop eating

they are harder to feed because they do get hooked on certain foods, mine only eat crickets, making it hard to fattin them up

other than that they are what you see, there is a care sheet you might want to check out on this web sight with more info and i can sell you an adult male ready to breed if you are interested

03/02/06  11:25pm

Spic
View Profile

i havent checked this forum in a while its not used often sorry it took so long for a reply

in my experience, and i only have rough knobs, they are beutiful and i think they are fun to watch...

some pros
at least with the rough knob taileds, they have enourmouse heads so you can feed them a small amount of large prey eatch night, my adults eat 4-6 large crickets a night.

they are beautiful,
worth some real money,
and relatively hardy (but not as hardy as the leos)

some cons

its harder to tell how they are doing compared to leos, u cant just watch them and check their tail now and then because they are alays nervouse around humans and the tail is a knob (obviously)

its not good to hold them because it may cause them to stop eating

they are harder to feed because they do get hooked on certain foods, mine only eat crickets, making it hard to fattin them up

other than that they are what you see, there is a care sheet you might want to check out on this web sight with more info and i can sell you an adult male ready to breed if you are interested

03/02/06  11:26pm

Bulldawg art
View Profile

Heather,

They are very similar in care to a leopard gecko. I am not in your immediate area, but south near San Francisco, and I produce a number of babies a year of a few different species. I posted some pics in a post about five or so down, check them out. Let me know if I can help you out.

Art

03/08/06  11:46am

Back to Geckos-Knob Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area