Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Knob Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Knob Tail Forum

Tazjonson   LeVi7   Rex-jr   Kid dutra   Kid dutra   Camo_pants   Kayleighb Brunner   Lizardgal24   FritoLeo  
 Member  Message

Tazjonson
View Profile

Charlie is ill i think

Hello This is my first time using this site so will give you some background info. I currently have 2 geckos 1. Sammy he is 1 and a half years old and is doing great has just got a new big home and no problems there. 2. Charlie we got from a pet shop about a week ago now we think from looking at her/him that charlie is only 1 month old.
Now since we got here we tried her on baby crickets with a couple of legs off to slow them down and now trying meal worms. Charlie has had one meal worm in the whole time we have had her/him (cant sex it yet) This was done by showing charlie it and she took it, since then has not shown any interest in food and is starting to look very skinny (back protruding up) when we got her she was skinny and almost see through she is now starting to get some colour but not eating.
Her home is Sammy old one Cleaned out with temp of 75-80 at night and 80-85 during day and a nice big hiding hut. She was found laying in her water dish this morning which i have not seen before?
Please help me find out whats wrong.
The first photo is of charlie, the second is of Sammy playing hide and seek while his house being cleaned and the 3rd is Sammy Just being him.

12/09/07  07:03pm

LeVi7
View Profile

Message To: Tazjonson   In reference to Message Id: 1541133

Charlie is ill i think

this is nobtail gecko forum and its dead go to leapard gecko one under this one

12/10/07  04:25am

Rex-jr
View Profile

Message To: LeVi7   In reference to Message Id: 1541752

Charlie is ill i think

you reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly need to feed the leopard gecko in the top pic, its going to die real soon if you dont.

01/02/08  11:48pm

Kid dutra
View Profile

Message To: Rex-jr   In reference to Message Id: 1566199

Charlie is ill i think

actualy the one in the first looks like it might have what all five of mine gut i usualy buy all my herp from regal retiles they breed all their owen animals and have the best display of herps ive ever seen but one day i was at a local petstore and saw the cutest baby albino ever so i brought her home and put her in my 7 foot long 80 gallonm tank with 4 other geckos 3 femal one male they all gut along great but i noticed the new albino started getting very think and looked like thier was a block in her stomac about a week later she died and i thought it might have been an impaction from the substarte she was on at the pet store about a month later two more of my females began to loose weight the same thing happend to them and they died a few weeks later my last female died the same way but for some reason my male never gut sick hes nice and fat and keeps getting bigger i called a friend of mine from regal and he told me about a type of like gecko aids wich usualy when housed together with one who has it they will all die i have no idea y my males still alive but the first pic u have up looks just like all mine did rightb 4 they died........ hope that not the case with yours becouse its a very nice looking gecko..... but if so seporate them from the little one asap

leon

01/09/08  11:31pm

Kid dutra
View Profile

Message To: Rex-jr   In reference to Message Id: 1566199

Charlie is ill i think

actualy the one in the first looks like it might have what all five of mine gut i usualy buy all my herp from regal retiles they breed all their owen animals and have the best display of herps ive ever seen but one day i was at a local petstore and saw the cutest baby albino ever so i brought her home and put her in my 7 foot long 80 gallonm tank with 4 other geckos 3 femal one male they all gut along great but i noticed the new albino started getting very think and looked like thier was a block in her stomac about a week later she died and i thought it might have been an impaction from the substarte she was on at the pet store about a month later two more of my females began to loose weight the same thing happend to them and they died a few weeks later my last female died the same way but for some reason my male never gut sick hes nice and fat and keeps getting bigger i called a friend of mine from regal and he told me about a type of like gecko aids wich usualy when housed together with one who has it they will all die i have no idea y my males still alive but the first pic u have up looks just like all mine did rightb 4 they died........ hope that not the case with yours becouse its a very nice looking gecko..... but if so seporate them from the little one asap

leon

01/09/08  11:32pm

Camo_pants
View Profile

Message To: Kid dutra   In reference to Message Id: 1575158

Charlie is ill i think

the skinny gecko probably has parasites

01/31/08  09:44pm

Kayleighb Brunner
View Profile

Charlie is ill i think

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh What have you done to your leo?????????????

02/26/08  08:51pm

Lizardgal24
View Profile

Charlie is ill i think

I feel bad for the little guy.I definently think he is sick. I do know a little bit though about lizards. if you got him recently he might feel a little bit scared because of his knew cage and still might of not adapted to his surroundings. Or he might not feel to safe if the cage is kind of small. Lizards like moderately big cages. Thats why its best not to touch him much and let him get used to his surroundings and people first. It could just be his food too. try experimenting with different types of food.

12/14/08  01:08pm

FritoLeo
View Profile

Message To: Lizardgal24   In reference to Message Id: 1914388

Charlie is ill i think

Wow. That picture literally made me want to vomit.
No offense lol but you gotta figure out what is wrong with her.

06/15/09  01:26am

Back to Geckos-Knob Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area