Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Knob Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Knob Tail Forum

IlovemyReptiles   IlovemyReptiles   Keristen   Braverducky  
 Member  Message

IlovemyReptiles
View Profile

Blind leo help

My leo, Mr.T, is basically all but blind. does anyone else here have a "blind" leo? I need help on methods of feeding him. He used to be able to catch his prey (superworms) when I dropped them in front of him and tapped the ground next to it. Now he just doesn’t see them at all. Could this just be that he is not hungry because he was in some form of hybernation, or is it that he truly cannot see.

thank you

02/04/07  12:21am

IlovemyReptiles
View Profile

Message To: IlovemyReptiles   In reference to Message Id: 1159853

Blind leo help

oops i clicked the srong button. sorry

02/04/07  12:29am

Keristen
View Profile

Message To: IlovemyReptiles   In reference to Message Id: 1159866

Blind leo help

I know i might kind of be late on this post but blind and deaf people feed off a vibrations if he feels the vibrations he will move closer and smell it then go for it thats why he goes for it after you tap on the ground (vibrations) maybe try a vibrating bowl their louder too so he might here it and go after the food,if hes not eating it could be because of not being able to see it and the prey not smelling strong enough for him to know its there..sorry if i didnt help much

03/13/07  10:04pm

Braverducky
View Profile

Message To: Keristen   In reference to Message Id: 1208348

Blind leo help

Try waving the food at the end of tweezers or tongs right at the end of his nose, even put it against his nose untill he smells/ tastes it. If that doesnt work I don’t imagine there is much you can do. I use this method for my 18 year old leo who’s getting a little too old to catch the food herself

06/06/08  07:25pm

Back to Geckos-Knob Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area