Geckos-Golden Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckoguy24   KrazyKelli   KrazyKelli   Geckoguy24  

Member  Message

Geckoguy24
View Profile

Worries about ganja my golden gecko

ive had ganja for almost a year he is an amazing gecko very well to handle and just chills with me but recently hes been acting weird he doesnt move much and he isnt active much in the last 2 weeks i know all about him and how your not suppose to handle them but not my ganja man hes just lying in one spot and thats not him he seems sick but im really no expert so if some one can help me and give me some advice that would be awesome. he has a healthy enviroment and hes well fed cant understand wats goin on with him.

02/05/12  04:45pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Geckoguy24   In reference to Message Id: 2254026

I’d give you the strong-talking, finger-shaking about holding your goldie and all that stress that’s putting on him, but hey... Why? You’re not needing help for that.

If he isn’t moving much and/or hanging on the ground of the tank, doesn’t flee if you open the tank up and grab at him, he’s worse off and needs to see a vet. That’s a major sign of sickness, like a whopping load of parasites or some other ailment, and needs to be seen in an exam. Parasites are common in golden geckos as they’re all basically wild caught or farm bred. If you’ve been regularly holding him, the stress from it probably made the parasites fester to extremes. And a goldie wont act like how you’re describing unless they’re really bad off; there’s a chance he was sick a lot longer than you realize and is only now unable to hide it.

You say your environment is healthy and he’s eating good, can you give me a rundown (or picture) of the tank size and how it’s set up, and exactly what you’re feeding him? May give insight to something more.

02/06/12  12:38am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2254113

Here’s a list of herp vets in Penn. Link You can find more by looking on google under ’Herp Vets Pennsylvania’.

You can also look under V for vet in the YellowPages, and call up all numbers in your area asking if they do reptiles. If they say they only do ’small animals’, don’t go with them as that’s just a veiled, "I do rabbits and hamsters and have no idea what I’m doing with your lizard!"

A full checkup is something like 50 bucks. A fecal test, to find the parasites, is around 10 to 15 + any meds he may need.

02/06/12  12:43am

Geckoguy24
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2254114

thanx for the input kelli but hes back to normal i guess he just needed time alone to shed ill post a couple pictures of my ganja with me holdin him then u tell me hes stressed

02/08/12  12:47pm

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area