Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Golden Forum

KrazyKelli   Ashmash   KrazyKelli   Ashmash  
 Member  Message

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Hmmm.. Bigger tank.

I had this nightmare last night where Sade escaped and randomly mated with some other gecko I owned (which I don’t), resulting in very weird offspring. After that a ton of superworms were loose and all over my closet. So not only did I have to catch Sade and fine a new place to put these unknown mutant geckos, but I also had to clean up wriggling FearFactor feeders that were all over the place.

After that I woke up. Upon thinking about it, I randomly had a euphoric moment where I pictured myself in the view of the lizard. How, if I was in a space just large enough for me to stretch out on one end, my spirit would be crushed from the enclosed space. Can you imagine being in a stuffy box where, if you stretched out, you were nosed up against the wall? If you got out, would you WANT to be grabbed and thrown back in there? No wonder golden geckos are so hard to catch.

I currently have two 10’s stacked on top of each other, sitting next to my computer. It’s full of things for Sade to climb on, but he’s 10 some inches long and while he fits I could seriously do him better. I’m sure he’s already somewhat comfortable, as he regularly peeps at random and roams all over the place in there. It’s also far heigher than your average 20 high, so he gets additional arboreal space.

If I got him a bigger tank, I’d face three problems. One is how big, second is how I’m going to put it next to the computer (or would I require a stand), and third is what accessories would work best in there on top of what I currently have. Any ideas?

03/11/11  09:59pm

Ashmash
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2209175

Hmmm.. Bigger tank.

What about a 3rd 10 gallon on top? Would that be too tall for you?

03/14/11  01:07pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Ashmash   In reference to Message Id: 2209498

Hmmm.. Bigger tank.

3rd 10 gallon would be higher than I am, and it would put too much pressure on the first (I recently had to replace the first 10 gallon after 5 years of use because it cracked in 3 parts from the stacking.)

I looked at tanks in one of the smaller pet stores and it didn’t really do it for me. The 20H looks Very small compared to 2 10’s stacked. Maybe it’s the lack of height. The only one that really had height were those exoterra ones with the door in the front. ’Cept the only one they had there was a 10 for 70 dollars.

Thinking maybe I could get two 20’s and stack. Only downside is that I have to go through all that trouble to pop out the bottom of one of them... If only they made large, high tanks. Guess I could run the gamut and build one with plywood and a ton of free time.

03/14/11  09:31pm

Ashmash
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2209604

Hmmm.. Bigger tank.

2 20’s would be awesome!

03/17/11  01:03pm

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area