Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Golden Forum

Nicswm98   Firewolf   Nicswm98   Firewolf  
 Member  Message

Nicswm98
View Profile

New goldie. need help!!

We received a golden for xmas and we are now learning a lot more about them. My mother did not know what type of gecko she gave us, so i had to do a lot of research to determine the kind and environment needed for our (girl??) We are just looking to get some info from people who have them and can steer us in the right direction of: new tank, what size, stuff to put in, how is it with 2 goldens, etc... If any of you could share some of your knowledge, I would LOVE to hear it!! Thanks

04/05/10  02:22pm

Firewolf
View Profile

Message To: Nicswm98   In reference to Message Id: 2138581

New goldie. need help!!

Check out one of the many caresheets...
But basics are 1- 20gal tank for each gecko, substrate, undertank heater on one side, heat lamp above on same side, warm side hide, cool side hide, artificial or real plants, branches/vines etc.... crickets and mealworms for food.
check out the care sheets.

04/05/10  03:46pm

Nicswm98
View Profile

Message To: Firewolf   In reference to Message Id: 2138604

New goldie. need help!!

I have but I feel a lot more comfortable talking to someone who owns them and can give me tips for what they have learned.... any advice on putting 2 together?? bad idea, do they enjoy eachother....?? Thank you for the info. I wouldnt have bought 2 huts for each "side"

04/05/10  09:57pm

Firewolf
View Profile

Message To: Nicswm98   In reference to Message Id: 2138706

New goldie. need help!!

The problem is that typically, goldens are very territorial... If you have two females it may be ok to try out, but you have to watch them for stress. If they get too stressed, if they fight, or if one is eating and one is getting thinner you will need to seperate them.
Make sure you have a warm and a cool moist hide. Lots of vines/branches to climb on as they are not terrestrial.

04/09/10  09:44am

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area