Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Golden Forum

Geicko gecko   KrazyKelli   Geicko gecko   KrazyKelli   Ashmash   Geicko gecko  
 Member  Message

Geicko gecko
View Profile

Ahhhh i need help!!!!!!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!! READ!!!!!!!!

i need some help. my cage is way to small and i need to get a new one cn anyone help me out MY GECKO IS DYING FROM THE CAGE!!!!

01/06/10  09:22pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Geicko gecko   In reference to Message Id: 2111413

... Go to Petsmart, Petco, PetSuppliesPlus, etc, and get one.

Look at fish tanks instead of those ridiculously over-priced reptiles ones, then get a mesh lid to fit it in the reptile area. Usually it costs 1 dollar per gallon, so a 20 would be 20 bucks, 30 would be thirty, and so forth. The lid is usually 10 to 13.

Probably the same way you got your current tank, but bigger.

01/07/10  12:17am

Geicko gecko
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2111469

thx i was going to build 1 but i dont have the money for it and the stuff i have now is just 2x4

01/07/10  09:04am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Geicko gecko   In reference to Message Id: 2111516

You just got out of Xmas, surely your parents or grandparents gave you money. And if they didn’t, they’d still be willing to help.

Building a tank that small would cost more than going out and getting one. You’d need to worry about the right wood (since certain woods gives off fumes that can kill a lizard, such as Pine), lizard-safe sealant to keep the humidity from rotting the wood out, gotta find someone that’ll cut glass for you, since humidity will rush right out of mesh, the list goes on. If you were building, say, a 6 ft X 8 ft X 4 ft tank for a monitor, it would be worth it, but not a weeny tank for a gecko.

01/07/10  02:08pm

Ashmash
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2111580

Amen Sista!

Gec, stop making everything so complicated. Listen the first time and then you wont need to post things like this. Try craigslist for tanks in your area or just freakin by one!!!

01/09/10  06:46pm

Geicko gecko
View Profile

Message To: Ashmash   In reference to Message Id: 2112214

ok geez my mom is helping me out at tax time thx im not building i scraped that idea and just because of me dont mean this forum needs 2 be dead

01/10/10  07:44pm

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area