Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Golden Forum

Geicko gecko   KrazyKelli   Geicko gecko  
 Member  Message

Geicko gecko
View Profile

HELP!!!

idk what ill do my gecko couldnt climb on glass the last owner didnt take good care and broke his tail i got him had him 4 about 2 months and hes heathy looking and usually the right color he just shed about2 weeks ago and he was climbing on glass fine then i picked him up to put new items in the tank and he jumped against the glass and stuck for a sec then fell ive put him on glass to c if hes ok but he just falls he hangs on everything else ok but not glass plz help if you know y he cant cling to glass.

10/29/09  10:40pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Geicko gecko   In reference to Message Id: 2089882

HELP!!!

Please try to use punctuation in your future posts. I had a considerably hard time reading what you just said. You’ll have to forgive me if I didn’t get something.

Also, stop bumping threads from a year ago. Those people are more than likely long gone.

Three reasons a goldie wont climb glass. One, he’s going to shed. Two, the tank is either too dry or too humid. Too dry and his feet will stick to dust and not the glass, too wet and the gecko will be expected to climb up a waterfall. 70 to 75% is the optimal humidity. Third, the gecko is considerably stressed out by something you did and you should leave it alone for a while. If stressed, it will not want to climb anywhere in the open where it will feel vulnerable.

If the goldie is easy to catch, doesn’t move all that much from the spot you put it in (and by this I mean for days, not minutes), and doesn’t try to escape when in your grasp, then chances are it’s very sick and needs to see a vet. Too much handling of any display lizard can stress it into shock, which can be deadly. Due to this, please be sure you do not handle your goldie unless you absolutely have to - for example, when you need to clean the tank.

10/29/09  11:42pm

Geicko gecko
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2089901

HELP!!!

he already shed 2 weeks ago.that can’t be the reason.he stays in between gold and darker golden usually.i read that that is OK for them to be like that.he usually fights back when i catch him.he looks healthy to me but he still cant cling to glass. thank you for the info though i appreciate it.

10/30/09  12:58pm

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area