Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Golden Forum

SammyQ*14   SammyQ*14   SammyQ*14   KrazyKelli   SammyQ*14  
 Member  Message

SammyQ*14
View Profile

Dying golden gecko

I’ve had my golden gecko for about almost 5 years... and he wasn’t small when I had first got him... Well I noticed that yesterday he seemed to breath lightly, very dark. And when i got home from work late tonight he looked dead..... I started freaking out! This is like my child..... so I hurried and opened the cage, hes barely breathing not moving... he just sheadding but he looks thin. I don’t remember him looking that thin yesterday... I know he probably doesn’t have that long left and I obviously can’t take him to a vet at this hour 12am... Is there anything i can do? or is it too late?

02/24/09  02:03am

SammyQ*14
View Profile

Message To: SammyQ*14   In reference to Message Id: 1958189

Dying golden gecko

ok... i just checked on him. i put him on his heating rock under his light, misted him and i can actually see him breath and hes not as dark as he was and he just moved his head.....

02/24/09  02:13am

SammyQ*14
View Profile

Message To: SammyQ*14   In reference to Message Id: 1958189

Dying golden gecko

OK ITS TOO LATE HES LYING ON HIS BACK. GASPING FOR BREATH ITS SO PAINFUL

02/24/09  02:39am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: SammyQ*14   In reference to Message Id: 1958196

Dying golden gecko

We can’t help you if we don’t know how you set up your tank, the temps, or the humidity. I can’t imagine how dangerous of a fire hazard it would be in a high humidity environment, but I do know heat rocks cause terrible burns and heat dependence in all species of lizard and should never be used.

If your goldie is dieing, see a vet and put it down admirably. If your goldie is dead, I’m sorry for your loss.

02/24/09  11:47am

SammyQ*14
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1958325

Dying golden gecko

i believe all the information i ever got to care for my geck was from this site... ooops my mistake there, i know the temps the humidity all that stuff, don’t assume i don’t know anything just because i had a heat rock in his tank. i’ve actually never read anywhere when i did my research even before i bought him from a breeder that that was bad, and i don’t believe that was what killed him. thank you. sorry if i just came off mean but he died late last night. it was very very sad... i wish i could have seen a vet to have had him put down...

02/24/09  02:21pm

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area