Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Golden Forum

Zip chew2   KrazyKelli   Zip chew2   Firewolf   KrazyKelli   Zip chew2   KrazyKelli   Zip chew2   Zip chew2   Zip chew2   Zip chew2   Reptile guy cg   Golden geckos   Golden geckos   Kaitymay  
 Member  Message

Zip chew2
View Profile

Not eating cricks

golden gecko not eating cricks

05/18/08  06:10pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Zip chew2   In reference to Message Id: 1739384

Not eating cricks

And how can we help? Have you... Fed him anything else? How does your golden gecko live? How do you treat it? I honestly cannot answer your short question as it stands.

05/18/08  08:52pm

Zip chew2
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1739571

Not eating cricks

i fed him a moth i got him two days ago i can almost count his ribs but he does eat moths can he eat fruit i didnt treat him reptile island said he eats crickets do you need a picture of him or do you think he could be scared of my snake what should i do

05/19/08  08:38pm

Firewolf
View Profile

Message To: Zip chew2   In reference to Message Id: 1740598

Not eating cricks

Snake??? Please tell us he is NOT in the same tank as a snake!?!?! If so... MOVE HIM NOW!!!!
Try waxworms, and fruit baby food, just make sure you change it every day. It sounds like he is not being offered enough food. He could easily eat several moths in one sitting... mine will eat 8 crickets at a time if he gets really hungry.

P.s. try using punctuation so people can understand what you are asking or saying... thanks.

05/19/08  09:11pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Zip chew2   In reference to Message Id: 1740598

Not eating cricks

I would need exact info on how your golden gecko is being kept. Tank size, substrate, what you have in the tank, what you use for a heating source, what your temp and humidity levels are, what you are using to measure the humidity and temps, and the whole jist. A picture would indeed help.

I am still having a terrible time figuring our your posts. Try to use Word or have someone proofread your stuff before it’s sent and that will help everyone as a whole.

Like the last post said, if he’s with a snake, he’ll be eaten or killed. If he’s near a snake, move him to another room.

Waxworms are all fat and no nutrition. They should only be fed one or two a week on top of the staple diet. Once you get your goldie eating a staple insect, you can give him waxworms to fatten him up (3 if he’s emaciated, 2 if you’re not sure, 1 if you simply want to fatten him up a little). It’ll take many weeks before you see any improvements. Fruit is addictive and should only be fed once a week as a treat as, sometimes, goldies will refuse to eat anything else besides it.

Good staple bugs are: crickets (you’ve tried this, I know), regular mealworms, superworms (one per feeding), silkworms, and roaches. If crickets aren’t working for you, try mealworms or supers. Simply keep them in a cup in the tank and the goldie should notice the movement.

Golden geckos are nocturnal and prefer to eat at night, so try to feed at 7 pm or later for better results. Most goldies from petstores are loaded with parasites and that coupled with stress could be why the goldie isn’t eating as well - the only solution to this is to see a vet. Lastly, try to limit stress as much as possible. Keep the goldie in a secluded room away from too much activity during the day. Cover three outer walls of the tank with a cut up grocery bag or cardboard.

Once I know your tank setup, I can help more.

05/20/08  12:46pm

Zip chew2
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1741252

Not eating cricks

HE has a ten gallon cage with a tree,water bowl,hut,bowl for mealies.guy

05/21/08  10:56pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Zip chew2   In reference to Message Id: 1742844

Not eating cricks

Your link doesn’t work, your tank is too small (you need a 20 gallon to larger for a golden gecko to be comfortable), and I still don’t know the answers to half the questions I asked in the last post. Temps? Humidity? Measurement tool for both? Substrate?

Lastly, please stop bumping threads that have either been completed or are very old. The last thread you bumped was from last year for crying out loud. It’s considered spam when you bump a thread and don’t add anything to the topic or help the member in need.

05/21/08  11:45pm

Zip chew2
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1742867

Not eating cricks

Hes a newborn,eco earth,and has some trouble climbing glass,temp 85.

05/22/08  07:20pm

Zip chew2
View Profile

Not eating cricks

Hes a newborn,temp 85,eco earth

05/22/08  07:24pm

Zip chew2
View Profile

Not eating cricks

Jeese what do you mean my link doesnt work? I got a twenty gallon.

05/22/08  07:28pm

Zip chew2
View Profile

Not eating cricks

He has a uvb bulb.

05/22/08  07:31pm

Reptile guy cg
View Profile

Message To: Zip chew2   In reference to Message Id: 1743509

Not eating cricks

hi eric you got a 20 gallon.

05/24/08  12:57pm

Golden geckos
View Profile

Message To: Reptile guy cg   In reference to Message Id: 1744963

Hey chris

hey chris its eric

03/26/09  06:10pm

Golden geckos
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1739571

Not eating cricks

Hi, this is the continuaion of zip chew 2 you cant ban people forever.Also my snake was never in my geckos cage. I moved their cages away from eachother.

03/26/09  06:48pm

Kaitymay
View Profile

Message To: Golden geckos   In reference to Message Id: 1975209

Not eating cricks

i had the same problem about the not eating crickets...he still doesnt, i have no idea why....be ever since i got him he hasn`t. i was worried when i first got him that i wouldnt be able to keep him because he wasnt eating what i was trying to feed him.. so used google =] found out i could feed him baby food. so i did that for a while, while trying other foods (meat) for his diet.. i found he likes meal worms, peaches, and apples..

07/20/09  10:25pm

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area