Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Golden Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Goldengeckodude   SammyQ   Goldengeckodude   Geckoguy24   KrazyKelli   Geckokid21  

Member  Message

Goldengeckodude
View Profile

Changes colors

Is it normal for my golden gecko to change colors? he is now green..

02/20/07  04:27pm

SammyQ
View Profile

Message To: Goldengeckodude   In reference to Message Id: 1180801

Changes colors

yeah its very normal for your golden gecko to change color. their color is very important too... if they are a lighter golden color they are happy and healthy....if they turn dark grey or black it may be caused by stress. But i think BLACK is BAD very bad. mine has never changed that color. Goldens stress very easily, due to like many things i hear. like change of invorment, being bothered, maybe even another gecko things like that. even if he is a little grey dont you stress too much, he should be happy soon! but he sounds happy if hes feeling green. :)

02/21/07  03:54am

Goldengeckodude
View Profile

Message To: SammyQ   In reference to Message Id: 1181558

Changes colors

Thanks sammy

02/23/07  09:03pm

Geckoguy24
View Profile

Message To: SammyQ   In reference to Message Id: 1181558

Changes colors

why does my golden gecko turn a blackish color after eating i’ve had him for about a year and he changes to a black after eating. i know that it says hes stressed but hes a really happy gecko i can handle him whenever hes never bit and hes not really crazy. im actually holding him now and hes been through 3 different colors can u help me understand these color changes?

01/18/12  03:55pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Geckoguy24   In reference to Message Id: 2251521

Changes colors

My goldie does that as well. He’ll grab a superworm from the dish or a random cricket and run off to another part of the tank all pissed and dark. It isn’t really a sign of stress in this moment, I believe, but more of one for protection. He goes dark in a mark of going into a ’stealth’ or ’ninja’ mode, I call it. Grab the bug and disappear, like magic! Just in case something that may eat the goldie wont see it after all that movement.

It can also be a sign of being territorial, for basically the same reasons. He grabs the bug, then gets all dark to tell off any other goldie that may be in the area (or you) that man, this is His bug. Don’t screw with him. Sometimes Sade will get all dark and pissed off before he eats because there’s no food in the tank that he likes. He’ll go to his mealie dish, not want mealies that day, purposefully tip the dish over in fury, and storm around the tank all dark.

Just goes to show that one characteristic to an animal is not a straight-forward, cut-and-dry, one-purpose affair. Kind of like how humans smile. We don’t just do it for happiness, though that’s what everyone says it represents from the get-go.

01/18/12  09:34pm

Geckokid21
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2251573

Changes colors

mine stays dark most of the day untili give him his daily mashed up bananas then hes like yay and turns bright yellows nd starts gulping it down all funny

06/11/12  09:50pm

Back to Geckos-Golden Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area