Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

Hummi   Mattmillen   Hummi  
 Member  Message

Hummi
View Profile

How cold is too cold??

I bought 2 gargoyles to add to my collection. I "thought" the person I bought them from had enough sense to pack them properly since he has been dealing with reptiles for several years. I was wrong. They were snet overnight, with a heat pack, and there was styrofoam in the box, but not lining the box. There were a couple pieces on the sides, a piece on the bottom (none of which fit together so their were holes everywhere) and there were several smaller pieces thrown on top. The gargs were in a deli cup together and both were stiff. I am not sure if they will make it or not.

01/27/10  02:25pm

Mattmillen
View Profile

Message To: Hummi   In reference to Message Id: 2117853

How cold is too cold??

do you remember the guys name and business name. he needs to be shut down i’d report him to the humane society. that is not right and he does not deserve the joy of keep any animal as a pet.

but i hope they are ok but i’d try and keep them at a good 78 degree or 79 just to try and get them as worm as you can with out them getting stressed or dying.

and take them to the vet.

i’m sorry if this was to late and i hope atleast one of those great little animals made it.

o PS they can servive in low 60’s mid 50’s (F degrees) as long as you can worm them up

03/05/10  06:20pm

Hummi
View Profile

Message To: Mattmillen   In reference to Message Id: 2130232

How cold is too cold??

They both survived somehow. The male came around within a couple days. The female took a good 2 weeks before she would move around without being touched first. Now they are both thriving. The female was thin and dehydrated, but she is a chub now.

03/05/10  06:27pm

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area