Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

Mike243   Mike243   Aandfsoccr04   Mattmillen  
 Member  Message

Mike243
View Profile

Just got my first Gargoyle and i got some questions

ok well first off im new here and i just got my first baby gargoyle. right now i got him in a 5.5 gallon tank with a bunch of climbing things and places for him to hide.. now iim just wondering on a few things..

1. do i need a light on him? right now his tank stays at about 75 in the day and about 70 at night with out a light, if i do need a light what watt should i run, i put a 40 watt in there today and it got to around 85 and he started to change color and just not acting right so i shut it off

2. with feeding i put the crested gecko powder with baby food and im not really sure if hes eatting it or not.

3. i no the gargoyles like fruit a lot.. i fed him a mushed up banna yesterday and put it on this stick that he was on and he ate it. so do i have to mush up all the fruit or can i put a slice of banna or other fruit in there..

also with feeding, does he have to eat crickets everyday or once a week with fruit everyday?

PLEASE any other information you can give me that would be great..

sorry for the long post i just want to take care of this little guy

07/28/09  10:07pm

Mike243
View Profile

Message To: Mike243   In reference to Message Id: 2046992

BTW i did do my research on him and it says that i really dont need a light for them but i just want to no what other people are useing if there useing anything..

07/28/09  10:10pm

Aandfsoccr04
View Profile

Message To: Mike243   In reference to Message Id: 2046997

no they do not need a light. you dont feed them crickets but once every week or two. you just feed them the crested gecko diet mixed with water.

07/29/09  08:23pm

Mattmillen
View Profile

Message To: Mike243   In reference to Message Id: 2046992

I know allot of places say baby food is OK to feed them. But i talked to a local pet store owner today, he said that baby food is OK to feed them but it should not be a all the time thing. he said that mashing up banana’s and peaches and a few other fruits is better for gargoyles.

I do ont know if you want to follow this but that’s just what the pet store own told me so you can take it or leave it.

good luck dude

10/15/09  08:58pm

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area