Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

Hadou   Hummi   Hadou   S.  
 Member  Message

Hadou
View Profile

New Gargoyle

I got a new gargoyle he is going on 5 months I got him just a few weeks ago. Now the guy told me it was really nice and so when I went to hold it i expected it to maybe be a little weary but instead it freaks out. It obviously was never held and I dont want to hurt him. I have been working with him little by little but he just is not getting ANY better in the three weeks I have had him he was been held everyday and I have made no progress what so ever. Does anyone have any advice?

05/12/09  06:55pm

Hummi
View Profile

Message To: Hadou   In reference to Message Id: 2003247

New Gargoyle

Did you give him any time to settle in? You should leave him alone for a minimum 2 weeks. It is very stressful on them to go to a new enclosure. Once he settles in, handled him for 15-20 mins a couple times a week. As he gets older, he will calm down.

05/14/09  05:31pm

Hadou
View Profile

Message To: Hummi   In reference to Message Id: 2004560

New Gargoyle

ok :) thank you and he is moving this weekend to my new place so I should leave him in his new enclosure for 2 weeks and then work with him?

05/14/09  07:57pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Hadou   In reference to Message Id: 2004680

New Gargoyle

yes and start slow. Only go into the tank for food and misting. Try not to go in for anything else during the two weeks, after that try and touch the gecko a few times a day while he is still in the tank. Don’t force him. After a week of that pick him up but keep him in the tank still. Baby steps.

05/19/09  04:33pm

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area