Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

Alexzilla   Paleofish   Alexzilla   Paleofish   Alexzilla  
 Member  Message

Alexzilla
View Profile

New To Gargoyles? Lots of Questions! Please Help!

Hello, I have about a year of exsperience with leopard geckos. I am going to a reptile show in the next 2 weeks and i was thinking about what to do with this 20l tank. I was reading about the gargoyle gecko and they really have me interested. My house stays pretty warm so i dont think ill be using any extra heat sources but i was wondering a few things.

I know they are semi arrobeal, this is the tank i plan to use. im thinking im going to lean the logs up against the glass for him or her to climb on and give them a place to hide and add texture and open up the center some more. Im going to keep the hide in the center with moss for a humid hide... im going to run some fake vines and leaves all over it for it to climb on etc... now here is where i start to get confused... i have read that they need uvb/uva lights and that they dont. which is it? i have read that they like fruit more so that insects, so is it better to feed a variety of fruits or is it ok to stay with apricots? i want to keep the repticarpet as its alot easier to clean... umm i have read that they need between 40%-75% humidity, but that is a wide gap??? any suggestions for that? I just need some feed back because these are definately new to me but i really want something different than a lg. any help would be very mch appreciated???

03/06/09  10:50pm

Paleofish
View Profile

Message To: Alexzilla   In reference to Message Id: 1964358

Well i wouldn’t used that carpet for gargs. But the humidity should be 75 at night and 50 in the day. So like give the tank a quick mist in the day and After the lights go out mist it heavy and let it dry out the rest of the night and They don’t really need UVB, But it couldn’t hurt. But the best staple food is Crested Gecko Diet and once or twice a week feed crickets with cal or vitamin powder. But i like to feed fruit puree once every two weeks or so.

Hope that helps.

03/07/09  03:24pm

Alexzilla
View Profile

Message To: Paleofish   In reference to Message Id: 1964619

Thank you it really does. Also, I have concerns about not having enough things to climb on. Do you think for what you can tell from the pics if the garg would be happy? as far as climbing space. thanks

03/07/09  04:28pm

Paleofish
View Profile

Message To: Alexzilla   In reference to Message Id: 1964651

I think that maybe alright, But it probably wouldn’t hurt to add more branches.

Here is a link to a pic of my garg tank, If you want ideas.

http://repticzone.com/forums/Geckos-Gargoyle/messages/1945142.html

03/07/09  06:37pm

Alexzilla
View Profile

Message To: Paleofish   In reference to Message Id: 1964697

Thanks, I Was Definately Going To Add More, I Just Wanted To See Where I Was. Thanks.

03/08/09  09:16am

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area