Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

KvH   KiruSama   Jenralee   Jenralee   S.   Jfitz  
 Member  Message

KvH
View Profile

Looking into getting a Gargoyle

Hey i’ve been looking for somthing to fill my 10gallon tank with and and did some research and read that they can be housed in a 10gallon, however im hearing other wise on this website, and i trust you guys more then my other sources. But as soon as i read about these little guys and saw some pic i couldnt stop myself from wanting one. I also have a 20 gallon, but if thats not suitable im willing on buying, or building a new terrarium.

So if anyone is willing to post pics of their setup, and list the sizes, weather it was built, or bought.

Thanks!

KvH

06/29/08  10:21pm

KiruSama
View Profile

Message To: KvH   In reference to Message Id: 1778102

Hi,
First I’ll say that a 10 Gallon is much to small for an adult Gargoyle Gecko.
a 20 high is good. If it’s not a 20 high Flip it on it’s side (Vertically) Like this

I love Gargoyles even though I currently only Own one,
I feed Mine crested Gecko Diet that can be found at most pet stores. I feed this to them every night mixed with water.
You can Offer them crickets as well, but not all of them will eat them.
You can Keep them on just plain Paper Towels, so they don’t get Impacted from substrate while eating crickets. I however keep Them on Eco-earth and feed them crickets in a Critter Keeper. It Works Very well.
Their Cage should never get hotter then 82F and should stay around 75ish,
Humidity should rise to 80% at night and average out around 50%-60% during the day.
You shouldn’t house Gargoyles with anything, not even their own kind for they are know to bite the tails off of other geckos.

I feel Like I’m forgeting something, and If I figure out what it is I surely will tell you.

Oh and this Is my Gargoyle, Sadly He has a birth defect that has caused a kink in his back, but other then that he is healthy.

Hope this helps

07/01/08  01:39am

Jenralee
View Profile

Message To: KiruSama   In reference to Message Id: 1779318

i say this all the time but if you are just looking to fill a tank dont but if you really want one im all 4 you

08/18/08  05:33pm

Jenralee
View Profile

Message To: Jenralee   In reference to Message Id: 1835290

very sorry my son said that. it was mean of him!

08/18/08  09:15pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Jenralee   In reference to Message Id: 1835580

A 5-10 gallon for a baby and a 20-29 for an adult. As much plants as you can fit in there for climbing and and such is also best.
Good luck.

09/02/08  04:01pm

Jfitz
View Profile

Message To: KiruSama   In reference to Message Id: 1779318

woah man nice setup, whats inside the terrarium on the left?

09/14/08  10:18pm

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area