Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

GECKOGIRL22   KiruSama   GECKOGIRL22   KiruSama   S.  
 Member  Message

GECKOGIRL22
View Profile

Gargoyle info

Hey, I would like some info on gargoyle geckos. Today at Petco when I was getting crickets for my leos, I saw a beautiful grey gecko with amber eyes. It was listed as 20% off, and had a stump of a tail (my guess as to why it was on sale.)

It had a sign on the cage that said it was a flying gecko, but it resembled an amazingly fat Kuhl’s flying gecko. I guessed it was a white spotted or a gargoyle gecko, and now, by looking up photos of all three species, I believe it is a female gargoyle. It was also being fed crickets, though Petco usually has pretty bad husbandry of their geckos anyway.

I would like some information on these beautiful creatures, along with photos. Please help me decide if a gargoyle gecko would make an interesting pet, because I have been looking into a new pet for a long time and still can’t decide even with tons of research and a bunch of opinions.

Thanks,
Geckogirl22

04/05/08  02:51pm

KiruSama
View Profile

Message To: GECKOGIRL22   In reference to Message Id: 1690324

Gargoyle info

A Gargoyle Gecko is my first and only lizard.

With a Gargoyle you do not need a heat lamp/pad, unless you winters get very cold. my cage stays about 75f during the day. Be careful though you’re not going to want you tank to get hotter then 80f It could be harmful.

I mist lightly in the morning and i mist the cage heavily at night, mid day the humidity is about 60/70%, evenings it raises to about 80%

My Gargoyle refuses to eat crickets, most Gargoyles will eat crickets. However in place of crickets you can use Crested gecko diet, mixed with water, Fresh fruit, or baby food. I mix it with baby food because my gecko is a picky eater and will not eat it with water. (I use peaches and Pears) He eats this every night. Fresh fruit should be given along with crickets.

I’m sure someone with much more experience can give you more precise answerers, but with what i listed my gecko is happy, healthy, and growing.

Hope This Helps!

04/06/08  01:51am

GECKOGIRL22
View Profile

Message To: KiruSama   In reference to Message Id: 1691252

Gargoyle info

Beautiful gecko. So basically, their care is the same as cresties except for heat.

04/06/08  06:51am

KiruSama
View Profile

Message To: GECKOGIRL22   In reference to Message Id: 1691361

Gargoyle info

Although I do not know much about crested gecko’s I believe their heat is the same as well? But as far as every thing else goes, Yes they are basically the same as Crested. I think Gargoyle’s eat more fruit then Crested however. Oh and thank you for your complement!

Oh yes and one more thing, they should be kept in a 20 gallon tall, or a normal 20 gallon turned on it’s side as adults, I currently have a 15 gallon for my little guy, but it’s turned on it side so it’s taller, because they like to climb, also reptile carpet would be the best to keep them on.

04/07/08  01:51am

S.
View Profile

Message To: KiruSama   In reference to Message Id: 1692620

Gargoyle info

I have each (cresteds and gargs) I treat them the same but my adult Gargs get pinkies once a month since they require more protean but it can be hard to get them to eat crickets. I also give them a low watt basking bulb that reaches 82f in the warmest spot, they seem to like that a lot.
Good Luck and let us know if you get her!
TTFN

04/23/08  12:27am

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area