Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Gargoyle Forum

Djl   S.   Djl   Jo37   Sra   BC Bloodlines   B-Fish   Djl   S.   GekkoniDazed   Djl  
 Member  Message

Djl
View Profile

Well, it has been confirmed

Gargamel is a SHE! SHE was sold as a male. So they made more money. And could have possibly lied about age. I am so mad!! But we love her

I have also been told she is too fat. So, it is DIET time. Ssssh, she doesn’t know it yet.

09/14/07  10:10am

S.
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1443271

Females are more expensive arnt they? I know its like that with cresteds. So if that is the case you got a better deal. Anyway... She is a bit on the chubby side I would not worry about it 2 much just give a bit less on crix and I think it should be fine. Who confirmed?
TTFN

09/14/07  01:26pm

Djl
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1443416

She doesn’t like crix anyway. I put her pics on a breeder site and they confirmed.(I trust them) I suspected he was a she. Males are more expensive in the Gargs. So now I have to pay alot again for my male. But I will see what happens tomorrow at the show.

09/14/07  03:07pm

Jo37
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1443499

Yes male gargs are more expensive in the UK too. She is really pretty her little orange flecks are gorgeous. Good luck at the show!

09/15/07  04:50am

Sra
View Profile

Message To: Jo37   In reference to Message Id: 1444204

You know like how female cresteds are always harder to find and more expensive than males? Well, it’s just the opposite in the Garg world. Females are at a surplus while males are more "treasured".

12/04/07  03:22am

BC Bloodlines
View Profile

Message To: Sra   In reference to Message Id: 1535283

Yep male gargs are the pricey ones. Now you can see why I’m having such a hard time finding the right male for Medetrina. If she cost $500, just imagine how much a male as red as her would cost. As far as her being too fat goes, I can see where they got that idea but honestly it doesn’t look that serious. Depending on what you are feeding her, probably limiting the sugar intake would do the best. We use real fruit in our diet and if you over do it they can certainly baloon. I dont know if you were ripped off but honestly if you got her from a pet store, most of the employees dont know their vent from a hole in the ground so it might have been innocent. Garg females do tend to have a more pronounced bulge than cresteds and to the untrained eye it can be mistaken for a male. Either way you have a healthy andnice looking gecko there and you should be proud of her regardless......despite feeling had o.~

12/04/07  03:45pm

B-Fish
View Profile

Message To: BC Bloodlines   In reference to Message Id: 1535633

omg are you naked in the 1st pix (sure looks like it unless your wearing underwear)

12/09/07  02:47am

Djl
View Profile

Message To: B-Fish   In reference to Message Id: 1540405

bathing suit

12/11/07  03:23pm

S.
View Profile

Message To: Djl   In reference to Message Id: 1543193

lol

12/17/07  04:24pm

GekkoniDazed
View Profile

Message To: S.   In reference to Message Id: 1549382

The others are right about males being more pricey and less common than the females. In the crested world, females are sought after more and will be more expensive.

I think that your gecko looks perfectly healthy. Gargoyles tend to have more of a poochy belly than other geckos and your’s looks fine. What are you feeding it? If it is a food high in sugars (baby food for example) I would get it off of it right away. Look into buying some type of Gecko Diet. The Repashy 2-part diets work very well for gargoyle geckos as it does for the crested geckos. There is Gargoyle Gecko Diet available too. It would be beneficial to the health of your gecko for sure. It is fairly inexpensive and bags of the powder last a long time in the fridge. Try not to feed live foods only. Crickets, roaches, worms, etc. are good from time to time, but not as the staple food source.

01/03/08  09:53pm

Djl
View Profile

Message To: GekkoniDazed   In reference to Message Id: 1567301

Thanks. Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. I feed my gargs and cresteds T-Rex Crested Gecko Diet. My gargs aren’t interested in live food like the Cresteds are. They seem pretty happy with just the crested diet.

01/16/08  02:12pm

Back to Geckos-Gargoyle Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area